king

I opened my eyes to find light entering them. I blinked so I could see better. I looked around me, I was in Rivendells infirmary. I sat up slightly. Elrond was in the corner sitting and reading one of his old books. He looked up and smiled at me.

"Elm, you are finally awake."

He got up and came over to me. He checked my forehead.

"How long have I been out?"

I asked as his hand left my forehead.

"You have been out for a couple of hours. When I went back down you were dead. Then all of a sudden you were alive. Your skin went back to normal and everything."

Elrond explained to me. I smiled to myself a little bit. He sat down on the bed and took my hand.

"When you were dead, your parents visited me. They instructed me to rename you Irene. This name will help you and hide your identity as Elm from the dark lord."

Elrond told me. I wanted to ask many questions, but I knew it was better to listen.

"They gave me a sword, it is to be used only to fight. Also, you will be joining Thorin and his company."

Elrond finished. I sighed and looked out the open window. Why would I have to join Thorin and his company? I know I had originally wanted to, but now I wanted to stay as far away from Thorin as possible. Elrond got up from the bed and looked out the window. He held has hands to his back.

"Lady Galadriel, has come."

He said in his thoughts. I sat up more straight.

"Lady Galadriel will have the answer to this won't she?"

I asked. Elrond turned to me and half smiled.

"Go home and get ready. At dusk meet at the courtroom."

He told me. I uncovered my self from the blankets. I looked down to find I was wearing my undershirt and pants. I gave a questionable look.

"Your clothes were burned."

Elrond answered my silent question. He handed me a kirtle and a surcoat. I nodded in approval. I put the spare clothes on. I headed out of the infirmary. I was welcomed by Arwen as I came out.

"Lady Irene."

She curtsied slightly to me. I blushed a little bit.

"Please sister, don't. Just because I have gained some power does not mean I  more powerful than you."

I replied as I put my hand on her shoulder. She smiled.

"Father told me of what power you gained. You mustn't treat it like it 'some' power. You hold Middle Earth in your hands. Now come, let me dress you for your meeting of the powerful."

She told me. She took my hand and let me back to one of her friends house.

"Arwen, come in."

Her friend said as she noticed Arwen and I at the door. She opened the door wider to show her face.

"Fawn, we come to seek some of your gorgeous dresses. My sister Irene has come with me in search of one, for she has an important meeting tonight."

Arwen explained to her young friend. Fawn curtsied at me. I did the same back.

"Come in and let me pull out my most gorgeous dresses."

Fawn replied. She opened the door for us. We both walked into her house. She closed the door behind us.

"I will go find what I can, please sit down as you wait."

Fawn told us as she went one of the rooms. I sat down on the red and gold couch. Arwen sat with me. She started staring at me.