Beorn

"Run! Run till you can't breathe."

I shouted at the company. Thorin looked back and our eyes met. I was sure just one look at me he knew that we were in trouble. All three of us caught up with the company.

"How many?"

Thorin questioned me through gasps of air. I slid my sword into the sleeve.

"Maybe, twenty, hopefully."

I answered. He looked concerned as I added on 'hopefully'. He turned forward. I could see the sun start to set. Time had flown by so fast today. Then I could feel a couple of them running towards us on the North and South side of the trail.

"Run as fast as you can."

I told Thorin quietly. I slowed down my pace. Fili and Kili were in the front of the company, so they couldn't see my departure. I stopped and started to turn around. I grabbed my bow and arrow. I set it nice and fast. I aimed North. Three would be coming in seconds. I shot and fired. the first one fell dead before my feet. I grabbed another arrow and shot the next one. It almost knocked me over if I didn't get out of the way. I then grabbed my sword and put it through the warg's open mouth. Just as the warg was about to put its jaws around my arm it stopped and became lame. I pulled the sword out of its jaw before it could fall to the floor with the others. I then turned back around to find two coming at me with full power. I slit my sword through one's face which would weaken it until I could kill its friend. The hurt warg who whimpered and slid across the trail. I stabbed the other as it tried jumping up on me. I got it right in its guts. It's started to scream out in pain until I got a good hit through the upper chest. Then I turned to the other one who was still whimpering at the pain. It was a little pup. I sighed. I didn't want to kill it, but if it came at me threatening I would be faced to kill it. I started to walk away carefully. It started to follow me slowly. I looked back to see if it would start running. It didn't. I took the arrows out of the two wargs that I had shot down. I put the bloody arrows into my set that was tied to my back. I then I put my bow along with it. Then the young pup who reached my hip came over and put its head under my hand. I looked down at him at his bloody face. I didn't really see any emotions in wild animals such as wargs, but this one started to cry over the pain.

"Go back to where you belong to, filth."

I told him in elvish. The young pup looked at me with big eyes. I sighed.

"Fine."

I gave up and started to walk off. I could hear his little footsteps follow me. I started to run to catch up with the company. He started to chase after me. I looked back to find the little pup with his tongue sticking out. I finally got a sight of the company. They were sending Bilbo somewhere. Fili and Kili were questioning Thorin about something. Thorin rolled his eyes at them and shook his head. Kili started to whine. Fili then put his hand on Kili's shoulder and they both walked away. I stopped and looked back at the small innocent pup. I slapped my knee and he came to me. I kneeled down and started to wipe away the blood from his face. He licked my face out of thanks. I smiled and patted his head. The wound wasn't too deep, all it would leave is a small scar.

"Since you won't leave my side, mine as well give you a name? How about the name Arrow?"

I asked the young pup as I wiped away some more blood from his face. The pup's tail started to wag his tail from the suggestion of his name.

"Arrow it is my friend."

I told him as I stood up. I started to head towards the group when all of a sudden I heard a big roar from a creature I would never hope to meet. I recognized that roar from anywhere. Skin changer, Beorn. The pup bowed down to the floor and growled at the roar. I looked at him.