Questioning.

30 Minutes After The "Episode"

Marcy was taking another flying lesson with Bonnie. And, honestly, Marceline was really feeling good enough for one right now.

Bonnie was holding her hand in the road separating Sections A, B, C, and D, E, F. "O.K. Marcy, why don't you try and find what's on the very top of our apartment. "

Marcy slowly pulled her hand away. "Ya know you don't have to hold my hand anymore, right b-babe?" She tried to say with confidence.

Bonnie let go and blushed, "I know, Marcy. Just precautions, duhh."

"Aww, someone cares about meee," she floated upward and commented teasingly.

"Um, are you just figuring this out?" she shot back with attitude.

"Heh, just let me do this, Boo." Marcy floated up casually.

"Oh. Alright!" Bonnie called up. "Just take your time!"

Marcy smirked and rolled her eyes, amused.

"We have all night, no reason to rush!"

Marcy chuckled at her frailty. "What am I looking for again?"

Marcy landed on the roof as Bonnie called: "just get whatever you can find. We might find somethin' useful, Marceline."

Marcy landed, turned her head back and yelled down: "couldn't we just climb steps that should like, lead up here?"

"Uck. It's a training exercise, for your flying, dodo bird!"

"Oh glob, Bon-Bon," she sighed to herself. "What am I gonna do with you." Then she hollered back sarcastically: "oh, right. I forgot," and laughed to herself.

Marcy started scoping the flat roof of Section A as Bonnie crossed her arms and sighed to herself, thinking: 'goodness, what am I gonna do about my little demon girl'.

The only thing Marcy saw was a bit of dust (strangely, considering it was cement she was standing on), and a handle a little left to the center that she could pull up. Curious, Marcy walked a few steps before deciding to float to the handle. It was a golden color, faded over time. She landed on her knees in front of it, careful not to scrape her knees. That would've been difficult considering she has Jean pants (and a band-T). She dusted it off and struggled to loosen the handle.

"Found anything yet?" The pink girl asked.

"Rrrggh," Marcy grunted to pull the handle back, "kinda!" The roof door creaked open, a few cobwebs ready to greet her. She swatted them out of the way and looked down in the hole. Their was a very short tunnel-like vent leading to another door. She went down and pushed it open a after a few tries. She opened it to find it only lead to the second/middle room on the top floor. "Oh. Yay," she joked with disappointment. "Our future room. Well," she floated down into the room, "guess I could still check out the place."

She landed gently on her feet in the middle of the room. She was suddenly thankful it was nighttime, because the blinds were wide open. She thought it was beautiful, though - the way the blue light of night shined through the room. Their were two windows. One was on the middle right wall, siding the bed. The other was a door's length from the actual door- it being on the wall behind her on the right, and the only door in the room on her left behind her. She reached her hand out to where the night came through on the window nearest the bed, feeling as if she was touching the particles of violet light. She thought of how weird it was that any creature, as far as she knew, could touch these night particles with no affect. No ill, no extraordinary. Just seeing the beauty of the dark cascade your skin. Now that she thought about that, maybe it was a little extraordinary. She looked at her palm and balled up her fist, wishing she could catch such gorgeous lights of the night. She opened her hand and saw nothing changed. She, of course, could not catch light.