09│TRUTH COMES OUT

THE NEXT MORNING, I was standing in front of my partner's desk. Telling him about Helena Bertinelli. "I'm telling you. It's her." I told Danny, who just arrived at the office. "I have all the proof that we need. We have all the things we need to build up a case around her. It wouldn't be the first time that a woman is the one committing a crime." I added.

Danny sighed, looking at me. "How late did you stayed last night figuring it out?" Danny asked me, knowing me too well.

I looked down at the desk. "Not that late." I lied. "Either way, she is our link. We can actually link this whole mess with the murder of Michel Staton." I told him. Danny passed me a newspaper. I looked at the front cover. I sighed, throwing it at my desk. "Dead, with his neck snapped?" I asked him.

Danny raised his hands in defense. "You have to be in a close range to do that. It seems like he figured it out." He said.

I sighed, looking at him. "She is the killer." I told him. "We have to do something. Or you don't believe me?" I asked him.

Danny stood up from his desk. "I believe you, but how do we link it to her?" Danny asked him.

I looked at all the files. "I can get the weapon. We get a warrant and everything we need." I told him.

Danny looked at me with seriousness. "Then, what? Watch you as she kill you? Look, we can't rush this." Danny told me. "She clearly as planned everything before she does it. She is skilled." Danny pointed out.

"But, not as skilled as I." I told him. I took a deep breath, looking at the proof. "If we don't then a lot people will die." I told him. Danny sighed, nodding at me. "She is going to start a war in the streets of Starling city. She wants to avenge her dead fiancee, by destroying his father's work. She is reckless for gods sake." I told him.

"We have to be caution about this." He repeated.

I shook my head in denial. "I don't want to be cautions." I told him, pointing at the files. I sighed, hearing my phone ring. I picked it up. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hi, Clara. It's Ollie. I have to talk to you." He said to me.

"Now isn't the time. I'm sorry. I'm really busy on a case." I told him as I walked away from Danny.

"There is something I need to tell you." Oliver said.

"Can it wait?" I asked him.

"I mean yeah, sure." He said form the other line.

"Is it a life or death situation though? I can multitask." I told him, taking my cup of coffee so that I can refill it.

"No, I will surprise you then. Are you free tonight?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I will since I'm about to finish solving this case I'm working on." I told him.

"What's the case about?" He asked me.

"The murders that have been going on. I'm visiting the Bertinelli today." I told him. I held him take a deep breath. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Who are you going?" He asked me.

I did not understand the nervousness in his voice. "I'm going with Danny. He is my partner." I told him. "Why are you nervous?" I asked him.

"Umm, just wondering." He lied. I scoffed at his words.

"You are lying to me Ollie. I will see you later." I told him before I hung up. I turned to Danny who was now on the phone. I approached him silently, and waited until he finished the call. "Who were you calling?" I asked him.