16│IN THE BARRIER

AS I WAS WATCHING Chandler tell Joey what happens to the animals, that are not wanted in the foster home, my phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D in confusion. Diggle never called me at this hour of the night, which meant this must be important. "Hello?" I asked as I picked up the phone.

"Clara, sorry to bother you, but it's Oliver." He said through the phone. I stopped the show, quickly standing up from my couch. 

"What happened? Is he okay?" I asked him.

"Do you happen to know how to heal somebody that has been shot?" Diggle asked me. I felt my heart fall to my feet, and my lugs tighten. 

"Is he dead? I will be there in a few." I told him before hanging up the phone. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my raising heart rate. I ran towards the door, getting my sweater and my shoes. I closed the door behind me, and ran towards my car. Different scenarios were running through my head. The possibility of Oliver dieying, again, made my heart rate. I already lost him once, and I couldn't loose him again.

Clara's hand shook as she drove quickly towards the club. Her knuckles were white of how strong her hold of the car wheel was. She got out of the car quickly, running inside the club. Diggle and Felicity looked up to the sound of pair of feet running down the stairs. They came to face Clara's pale face. 

Clara without saying another word, ran towards Oliver side while taking her jacket off. "What happened?" Clara asked Diggle as she saw his finishing stitching up Oliver's wound. "Did you use his extra blood?" Clara asked him quickly, looking down at Oliver's body. 

"Yeah, I'm finishing stitching it up right now." Diggle said to her. 

"Did it had an exit wound?" Clara asked him, taking a set of gloves herself. With Felicity's help, she lift up Oliver's arm just to see a small pool of blood. Felicity passed Clara a small towel, which she used to pressure the back of Oliver's arm. Clara noticed the green face of the blonde, shocked to see her here. "Bathroom is right down the hall, to your left." Clara informed her, waiting to question her later. 

Diggle stitched up the back of Oliver's wound after I took out the bullet. My hands were shaking, and Diggle knew that; which was why he told me he will stitch Oliver up. "You okay?" He asked me as he continue to do the work. 

I nodded quietly at him. "He has to survive this, Dig. He has to." I told him quietly, looking down at Oliver. 

"Clara Wayne, huh? Felicity Smoak." The blonde woman said to me. 

"I heard about you. Heard you actually...a few times." I strutted, taking my gloves off and shaking her hand. 

"She bought him in." Diggle told me, nodding at Felicity. 

I gave him a thankful smile. "Thank you." I told her, before looking down at Oliver. 

Felicity sighed, looking down at me. "I can't believe I found Oliver Queen himself, shot and bleeding inside my car." Felicity said to Diggle. "Not that I help because he is my boss, but I will help anyone that was shot...and bleeding in my car." She repeated, walking around the room. 

Diggle threw his gloves in the nearest trash can. He took a seat on the table, next to me. "I was thinking all of this would be more of a shock. What did you say? You called this all along." Diggle told Felicity. 

Felicity shrugged at us. "I'm not saying anything. Except Oliver bought me a laptop riddled with bullet holes, had me trace a black arrow, and research a company involved in armored car heist. I might be blonde, but I'm not that blonde." Felicity said, causing me to let out a small smile. "And..I didn't know that I will actually have the chance to meet Clara Wayne. Now, that's not a shocker considering the close relationship you and Oliver had ever since you two were kids...according to the internet." Felicity said.