24│THE BLACK HOOD

I SIGHED AS I looked down at the photos that Jason had taken for me. I listened to Diggle talking to Oliver about what he had found while spying on her. "I have been watching your mother for days and nothing. She goes to work, she comes home. Occasionally she goes out for diner. She seems to particular like the salmon tartar at table salt." Diggle said to Oliver. 

"I'm linked into her home and office phone. Nothing out of the ordinary. No mention of Walter's abduction or the Undertaking. Just a few innocuous calls to Malcolm Merlyn." Felicity told Oliver.  

"Why wouldn't she call him? They are old friends. We are all old friends." Oliver sarcastically said. 

I looked up from the pictures, and towards Oliver. "Are you okay?" Felicity asked him. 

Oliver gave her a fake smile. "My mom and my best friend's dad are involve in a conspiracy that might have dire consequences in the city, and I'm pretty sure they murdered my father. I'm not planning on using the word okay any time soon." Oliver replied. I stood up from my chair, and walked towards Oliver. I took a seat next to him, putting an arm around him. 

"Listen, all we know for sure is that Malcolm and your mother are planning something for the Glades." Felicity said to him. 

"And Walter and I were getting close to it, so that's why they got him kinapped." I finished. 

"We have to find what the Undertaking is." Diggle added. 

"I got to ask her." Oliver said. I shook my head in denial. 

"Well, no. The last time the Vigilante paid your mom a visit, you got shot and Clara almost dies of a heart attack." Diggle said to Oliver. 

"That is true." I admited. I sighed, walking towards the photo. "There is something I should tell you. I didn't want to tell you until I got better proof." I told Oliver, picking up the photos. "I got bad news. Do you want them now or later?" I asked Oliver. 

Oliver sighed, looking at me. "Shoot me." He said to me. I let out a small laugh, thinking of a pan. Oliver cracked up a small smile. "Now, I didn't entended for that to be a pun." Oliver said, rolling his eyes. 

"Always trust Clara Wayne to put a smile on Oliver's face." Diggle said, pointing at me. 

I shrugged, passing the photos to Oliver. "So, I asked my friend to spy on Merlyn and this is what I found." I told them, setting the pictures of Malcolm in his Ferrari. "I had my doubts. I have been trying to avoid him every where I go. If I go to lunch with Tommy, or if I just bump into him when I dropped out Moira's lunch. The night...the night of the shooting, when Oliver saved his life. He...opened a door in his office. A panic room he said. It closed quickly...but with the little I saw...I panicked." I told Oliver. 

Oliver looked at me. "Why did you panic? You are not scared of anything, unless it's horror films." He said, looking at the images. 

"He...I sa-saw a black hood. A set of arrows and a bow with matching colors. He is the...black hood. In the pictures you can see Malcolm taking his hood off. Bad news." I told answered. I looked up to Oliver, who gave me a look I knew too well. "Ugh, I know that look. What are you thinking of?" I asked him quietly. 

"It involves the suit, Dig and my mom." Oliver said to me. 

"Are you thinking what I think you are thinking? Threaten your own life?" I whispered at Oliver. Oliver nodded at me. "Dig, just promise you wouldn't hit Oliver that hard?" I asked, turning to Diggle.