15│FOES

I STEPPED DOWN the stairs that led to the basement of Oliver's future night club. I had received a call from him earlier today about something he had found. As I walked closer to them, I could hear them talk about it already. "So, this book contains the names of the guys you have been haunting, and this book, your mother's has the same lift of names." Diggle asked Oliver. 

I looked at the confused. "What book?" I asked both men. 

"It's identical" Oliver answered, ignoring me. 

Before he could say anything else, I asked again. "What's that book?" I asked Oliver, getting a small frown from him. 

"It's a list of all the criminals I have to catch." Oliver said to me. 

I nodded, looking weirdly at him. Diggle crossed his arms over his chest. "So, where would your mother get her copy, Oliver?" Diggle asked him. 

"For that matter, who gave it to you?" I asked. 

"Felicity Smoak, she said that Walter found it in hers and Walter's bedroom." Oliver explained to us. 

"And now he is missing." I finished, sharing a look with Diggle. 

"She is my mother Diggle." Oliver told his partner. "She is not the kind of person..." Oliver started, but was cut off by Diggle.  

"Have her husband disappeared? Because that is really the question, isn't it, Oliver?" Diggle asked Oliver. "I understand why you would believe your mother over your step father, but I tend to belie the innocent party is whoever's missing...or presumed dead." Diggle told him bluntly, causing him to scoff at him; just like he did when sometimes he did not want to admit Diggle was right. 

Before any fight could break, I stood in front of both of them. "Look, I think we got to talk this out. Both of you, breath. Any research on Moira will not arm her. Meanwhile, I will go and have a nice dinner at my place. You are both welcome to join me." I told them both. 

I saw Oliver turned around towards the computers. "Is Aidan going to be there?" He asked me. I scoffed at his question. 

"Actually, it's just me tonight." I told him. "Will that make any difference?" I joked with Oliver, who just rolled his eyes at me. "I still don't understand why you don't like him. Even my dad does, a little bit...and you know how my dad is with the feelings." I told Oliver before giving him a light kiss on the cheek.  

"Oh, now that you are here. I got to ask you something." Oliver said to me. 

I looked at him in curiosity. "What's it?" I asked him. 

"What is this?" Oliver asked, picking up a newspaper that had the Daily Planet's name printed on the front. Oliver fingers landed on the tittle 'The Green Arrow'. I cringed at it. "Care to tell me what happened here, because you are the only who calls me that." Oliver said, emphasizing on the word 'you'

I titled my head to the side, reading the author: Clark Kent. "Well...a acceptance asked me for help, and I did. I thought it will help other people to know that your name is not The Vigilante...and that you are a hero. Yep, I forced Clark to say that you were a hero." I explained to him. 

Oliver sighed, messaging his templates. "Did you told him who I was?" Oliver asked me. 

I let out a bitter laugh. "You really thought I will tell him that? Oh for god's sake! I will never do that. I can't belive you don't trust me with keeping your secret!" I told him, rolling him eyes at him. I quickly picked up my things, ignoring Oliver's call. 

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

As I took out my house keys to enter my apartment, I heard my phone ring. I picked the phone, seeing a text from Danny. Bad news, Cyrus Vanch got out - said the text. I sighed at news. I opened the door quickly, closing it behind me. As I set my bag down, I saw a shadow in my couch. I quickly picked up my gun as I jumped back in fright. A loud shuffling came from my leaving room, speeding up my heart beat. Then a head popped out of the corner, smirking at me.