14│VERTIGO

OLIVER AND ME stood in front of the man that sold Vertigo. This morning we both received a call from the hospital, telling us that Thea had an accident. Not the best thing to start the morning if you ask me. The problem was that she was under the substance while driving her new car. The substance: the deadly drug known as Vertigo. Now, Oliver and I were hunting down every drug dealer that had ties with the Vertigo drug. The man that was stuck to a pillar was not the boss, but just a branch of him. However, every branch we took down was just a step towards killing the origin.

"Who supplies you with vertigo? Tell me now and you live." Oliver growled at him.

The man looked at us in panic. "Please! They will kill me!" He said to us, shaking due to the terror he was suffering by having us two in front of him.

I played with the bat-boomerang in my hand while I led Oliver do the talking. "Whoever you fear, fear me more!" Oliver yelled at him, aiming another arrow at him.

The man took deep breath, trying to calm his raising heartbeat. "We call him the Count. That's all I know." He said to us. "I swear to.."  He didn't got to finish due to Oliver's arrow piercing his heart.

I looked at Oliver with a narrowed look. "I didn't know your voice could go that deep." I told him, looking at the approaching sirens. Oliver just chenchled his haw before walking away from the scene. I followed him closely, looking over my shoulder just in case somebody followed us. "I know you are worried about her, I am too, but you have to..." I started, but was cut off by Oliver's booming voice.

"Don't tell me I have to calm down." He snapped at me, making me jump. I scowled at him. "I will calm down when the Count is dead." He said to me before taking the helmet off the motorcycle.

"You didn't have to yell." I snapped back at him. I took the helmet off his hand, glaring at him. "You care for Thea as much as I care for her. So don't talk to me that way." I told him, rolling my eyes at him. I sighed, getting a hold of his waist as he turned on the engine.

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

I followed Olivier as I took my gloves off. I knew Olivier was blaming himself for what had happen to Thea, which only increased his frustation; and frustration blinds you. "Find what you are looking for?" Diggle asked us. I sighed, looking at him.

I put down my gloves on the table. "No." I told Diggle as I took off my mask.

"Took down three vertigo sellers tonight, Diggle. The last one finally knew a name. The Count." Oliver said, setting his bow down roughly.

Diggle looked at Olivier with curiosity. "The Count? Worse than the Hood. You are not going back out there." Diggle said to Oliver and me.

Olivier sighed, pacing around the room. "I'm not done for the night." Oliver told him.

I looked up to Oliver with a tired expression. "Well, I am." I told Oliver, getting my bag from under the table.

"Whoever this count is, he has a lot of blood on his hands, and it is long past time he started paying." Olivier told us. I put a supporting hand on his shoulder and took it back quickly as I felt his muscle stiffen.

Diggle crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, slow down. I think you are missing the point here." Diggle told him.

"What?" Olivier snapped at Diggle.

"Thea." I told Oliver, knowing what Diggle meant.

Olivier looked at him with confusion. "Her hearing's in a few hours. You think she cares more about some drug lord getting what he just deserves, or you being by her side when she needs you the most?" Diggle told Oliver.