Chapter Four Part Three (Derek)

Chapter Four, Part Three

~~~~~ Derek Imagine ~~~~~ 

You wake up to the sound of your alarm going off. Looking at the clock you see that it is 6:30, giving you just enough time before you have to head to work at 7. Your shift starts at 7:30 but it takes you a half an hour to get there. 

Getting up, you get dressed into your nurse uniform and then head into the bathroom. Once in there, you brush your hair before putting it up and into a ponytail. Then you apply a little bit of makeup which consists of black eyeliner and black mascara. 

 Once you are finished with that, you go downstairs and is greeted by your dog. You let your dog outside into the fenced back yard and then put a bagel in the toaster while you get the cream cheese out of the refrigerator. While you wait for your bagel to pop out of the toaster, you go over to your door and grab your black sneakers. Halfway through tying your second shoe you hear the bagel pop out of the toaster. Looking at the clock you see that you have five minutes remaining before you have to head out to your car and drive out to the hospital. After spreading the cream cheese onto your bagel, you grab your phone, phone charger, headphones and keys. Once you make sure you have everything, you let your dog back in, then lay down some food and water for him until you can get back home. 

Once in the car, you start it up and begin to drive to the hospital while you also begin to eat your bagel. You also turn on the radio, settling it on a good station, hating silence when you drive. When you get to the hospital, you go to the front desk and check in with Melissa McCall. 

 "Am I on my own today or am I still your shadow?" You ask curiously with a smile. 

"You're on your own for today. Take that file there. Then you can go ahead and start your shift." Melissa said with a small smile as she pointed to a file on top of the counter. 

"Thanks, Melissa." You say with an even bigger smile as you grab the file. When you're around the corner, you open up the file and look over the names that you're suppose to be checking up on. Smiling, you make your way to the room number that is next to the first name on the list. This is how the rest of the day went. Considering this was your first day alone, all you had to do was check on some of the patients that were in the file. On your way to the last patient, you looked at the time and saw that your shift would be ending in about twenty minutes. Fifteen minutes later, you're making your way down to the front desk to hand in the file. 

 Melissa was at the front desk at the computer when you walked up to her with a small smile and handed her the file. 

"Any problems?" Melissa asked a little concerned as she took the file from you. 

You shook your head 'no' as you said "Nope. Not at all. Anyways I'm gonna head out now. My shift ends in a few minutes anyways." 

"What time is it?" Melissa asked curiously as she looked around for a clock. 

 Taking out your phone, you see that you have a text message as you say "It's 6:30." Melissa nodded her head as she looked forward towards the entrance of the hospital and smiled. When you look over to where she is looking, you smile slightly at the sight of Melissa's son coming inside with some food for his mother. Not wanting to bother them, you head out to your car and get in. 

Taking out your phone once again, you check the message and see that it was from Derek. 

Derek: Hey txt me when u get out of work 

Smiling a little you text him back. 

You: Hey just got out of work now 

Not expecting him to answer right away, you start up your car ready to head home. Hearing your phone ding, you look at it to see Derek's name flash across the screen. 

Derek: Do u wanna come over tonite 

You: Yea sure what time 

Derek: Whatever works for u 

You: Okay I'll be there in about an hour and a half 

Derek: Okay see u soon 

 The whole ride home, your smile was so big that you were sure it couldn't get any bigger. When you got home,it was already 7:00. You walked inside and immediately let your dog outside, filling your dog's water bowl and food bowl. Once you were sure your dog was taking cared of, you went upstairs and changed out of your work clothes. You put on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a 'Nickleback' T-shirt. When you walked downstairs, you put on a pair of black and gray sneakers before scratching your dog's head and giving him a treat. Walking out, you text Derek and tell him that you'll be there in a little bit. 

 After a little more than twenty minutes, you reach where Derek lives. You find him outside waiting for you with a big grin on his face. With a small smile you turn off your car and get out meeting up with him. He slowly takes your hand and pulls you up and into his house. 

 "How was work?" He asked once you guys were in the living room. 

"Tiring," You say as you sit down on the couch. 

 He follows your actions before saying "Well. what do you want to do then?" 

Thinking for a quick moment, you ask "Can we do the same thing as last night? You know, just stay here and watch a movie? I mean, I have no where to go tomorrow considering tomorrow is Saturday."  

He smiles as he nods and says "Yeah sure. What do you wanna watch?" 

"You pick the movie this time." You say with a smile. Once again he nods before going over to his movies and picking one out. He puts it in and then comes back to the couch, sitting down where he's extremely close to you. The same thing happened as the last night. You watched many movies before falling asleep in his arms. Both of you laying down, him underneath you as he had his arms wrapped around your waist, a blanket over top both of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter/part isn't really early but its here earlier than it normally is. Its probably like a week early anyways I hope you like this chapter/part. Please let me know what you think of these, either in the private messages or in the comments. Either works for me. :)

~ Shelby