Chapter Five Part Three (Derek)

Chapter Five, Part Three

~~~~~ Derek Imagine ~~~~~

Imagine you're 17 again, sitting in your room putting ear phones into your ears, trying to block out the yells of your parents in the next room. This is the forth time this week that their screaming at each other. Your mother walks in your room with a red face and you know exactly whats going to come next. She knows that she doesn't stand a chance against your father but she does know that she has power over you and she tends to use it. She pulls out your headphones and then says "Have you done your homework?"

You know she's just trying to get something to hold over you but you still really don't want to answer because the truth is that you haven't started any of it. She always takes her anger out on you whether its physically or verbally. "Well?" She says raising her voice slightly, causing you to flinch a little. You look away before you shake your head slowly not wanting to know what was going to come next which was pain with either words or her hand. Maybe her foot. It was different each time. "Why not?" She asked harshly.

"I don't know. I just haven't gotten to it yet." You reply quietly.

"You know, you're the reason this family is falling apart. If you would just do your work and get good grades maybe we'd be closer." She spat out while staring at you.

"I-I-I'm s-sorry." You stutter still not looking at her.

"Yeah, well you should be, you slut. You're such a disappointment to your father and I." She said. You look down at your hands trying to keep the tears in but you know you have failed when you see a tear drop landing on your hand. "Look at me when I'm talking to you." Your mother said in a dangerously low voice.

When you do, you see a hand come flying towards your face and you close your close your eyes waiting for the impact. But it never came. When you opened your eyes again, Derek was sitting up with you on his lap, saying your name over and over again trying to get your attention.

"I'm alright." You say in a whisper once you realized that your dream was only a memory from a long time ago.

"Okay, but why are you crying?" He asks with a small encouraging smile while wiping the tears, that you just noticed, from your face with his thumb.

You smile weakly at him as you say "J-just a bad d-dream." You frown slightly and mentally curse at the stutter in your voice. You haven't done that in a couple years.

"You sure?" Derek asks once more with worry laced in his eyes. You nod your head but he has this look like he doesn't believe you.

"I'm fine." You say, without stuttering, with a smile to reassure him.

He gives you a smile before changing the subject with asking "Breakfast?"

"Please." You say while nodding your head with a little laugh.

He chuckles as you both get up and head to the kitchen to make breakfast, joking around. Soon you forget about the memory filled dream with a smile on your face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh...its been so long and I'm so sorry!! I'm still just not really in the mood to write but I'm trying my best to keep up with my updates. Anyways please tell me what you think of them!

~ Shelby