Chapter 4

(A/N: Hey people. We are back with a new chapter. In the previous chapter, we got a lot of comments that the story is getting really emotional. Actually, this is what happens in reality. When you lose your love, it causes so much pain. People take wrong decisions and that pain can take you to very great levels, which you cannot control. We are just trying to show how much their lives changed in the past 10 years. Of course, they will get together, but it's not a simple love story because it's true love and there will always be complications in true love. So here is the next chapter for you all. Hope we cleared all your questions. Thanks for supporting. Happy reading!)

----------
~~Nandini's POV~~
I come downstairs and see Aryamann, setting the table for breakfast. Aryamann works with me. He is more like a dad to my kids, but nobody can replace Manik in my life. Aryamann is my legal husband but till now, we haven't been in a physical relationship. I'll tell you that story too, sometime later. Aryamann and I hangout together and he treats my kids as his own. Nidhi likes him a lot because he takes good care of me and the kids but Naman can't stand the fact that someone who isn't his dad is so close to me. As I mentioned previously, he is very possessive.

Another thing, both my kids know Aryamann isn't their dad. I don't know how but they just know he isn't their dad. They don't know about Manik either, which means, their dad is anonymous to them.

In fact, there are only 3 beautiful things which happened in my life. One was Manik. The other 2 are my angels. But I have lost Manik now. I am no longer associated with him. Probably if Nyonika wouldn't have interfered and been so manipulative, we could have been together forever and my kids would have a legal dad. Or rather, if I wouldn't have messed it up for Manik, we could have been together now.

Sometimes, I regret my decision. I feel that I am not a good parent. Being a single parent for 2 children is immensely tiring, especially when you need to focus on work too. You won't be able to dedicate enough time to your kids, who crave for their parents' love. Probably if I had put them for adoption, they would have a better life. But, as I said, it is very hard for a mother to give her children to someone else. A mother's love is a very strong emotion, and they are the reason for my existence today.

I sit on the table, with these deep thoughts. Tears roll down my cheeks. Aryamann tries to divert my mind and changes the topic to something light. It just doesn't work though. I quietly eat my toast without uttering a single word.

A few minutes later, Nidhi comes down the stairs, with Naman. Naman is wearing a t-shirt as usual, with a jacket on top and jeans. He adjusts the sleeves of his jacket and that gesture reminds me of Manik.

Manik is a gem. I am happy to have kids with such a gem of a person. Pure at heart, pure at soul. Yet, his life is incomplete; and the reason is me. He needs love, which he never received from his family as a child. After I came into his life, he changed. But now, he is incomplete without me, just as I am, without him. He could have stopped me, instead of letting me go. He chose our fate.

7 years ago, FAB 5 came in the newspaper, since their first album had released then. One of the articles in the newspaper had news about his personal life: 'Manik Malhotra-How he fell in love once, only to be betrayed by her'. I never read that article because if I did, I would never recover from that guilt. Also, to maintain privacy, people were telling me that he clearly told the newspaper editors also, to not mention anyone else's name.

My kids sit next to me on either sides. I come back to my senses. I ruffle Naman's hair and he pouts.

Naman: "Mom, tell Nidhi to change her clothes."

Nandini: "Why? Now what happened?" I look at Nidhi and she is wearing a cute little short dress. "She looks pretty only na?" She makes a 'he-has-lost-it' face.

Naman: "Mom, you know that I don't like it when people see you in these clothes. Similarly, I don't like people looking at my sister wearing short clothes either." Again, Manik's possessiveness. Why baby? Why do you remind me of him so much?

Nandini: "Naman, I am a model baby. I have to dress like this."

Nidhi: "Aur vaise bhi, I will wear what I want to. Tumhe kya farak padta hai?"

Naman: "Oh shut up okay? I am your brother."

Aryamann: "Ssshhh guys. Quiet down. Now have your breakfast quickly. It's almost time to leave for the airport." Naman makes an annoyed face. Nidhi nods and eats her breakfast.

After breakfast, I go back upstairs. I pack my handbag with my makeup, wallet, some snacks and my phone. I check the suitcases one last time and take my phone. Aryamann comes and takes the suitcase downstairs. I follow him and the kids are waiting for us.

Nidhi: "Mom, it's late. We're late for the flight. Come fast."

Naman: "Yaar... tum chilla kyun rahi ho? Just chillax."

I walk down the stairs and see them ready with their backpacks, filled with games, drawing books, crayons and Play-Doh for the flight journey. I check to see whether everything is packed. Aryamann loads the suitcase and is waiting for us in the car. I help the kids get in. I climb into the passenger seat and we drive to the airport.

At the airport, the kids get excited. They are going to India for the first time. They get out of the car and run towards the security, who blocks them from entering.

I follow them along with Aryamann, who is pulling the suitcase. We finish check-in and security checks while Aryamann puts his arm around my shoulder, giving me a 'everything-will-be-fine' look. Naman sees us and gets jealous. We walk together while I hold the kids' hands. They pull me along with them to different shops to make sure I stay away from Aryamann. Naman pulls me to Subway while Nidhi pulls me to Forever21. Naman is a foodie like his dad, while Nidhi is like a different girl, whose tastes neither match mine, nor his. I buy them whatever they want and we head to the boarding.

In the airplane, Aryamann and I sit together. He puts his hand on my waist, accidentally. I do not notice until the kids make excuses to stay closer to me. Naman sees Aryamann getting close to me and gives a glare. Naman and Nidhi sit together.

Naman: "Mom, can we sit with you?"

Nandini: "Okay come." They sit next to me on both sides and the other passengers adjust. Everyone must have probably guessed that I am quite famous now because so many people come running to me for autographs.

Fan: "Are these your kids, ma'am?"

Nandini: "Yes."

Fan: "They are so cute." Of course. The kids of 'The Manik Malhotra'. So obviously they will be cute. "Is he your husband?"

Nandini: "Of course." She smiles at both of us. I sign some cards and papers and pat my kids to sleep. Soon, the kids fall asleep on either side of my lap and other fans rush to me for my autograph.

Actually, I pamper my kids a lot. That's because they don't have something which most children of their age have. A father's love. I try my best to keep them happy as a single parent but still, I can't give them what he could.

The kids are excited to see India. But Manik also lives in Mumbai. Will I be able to avoid him?
~~POV ends~~

------------
(Please vote and comment. Your support and your views are needed. Criticism is accepted. Thanks again. We hope we get more reads, votes and comments from you all. Love you all. Next part will be posted on Monday.)