Chapter 29

(A/N: Now because we updated late, many of you wanted another update in the weekend. So here we are. But this is going to be the last lamba wala one for the week. Next update will be on Wednesday. We need time to plot the upcoming parts so please understand. Okaythanksbye. If we get good response, then next update will come sooner. Do vote at least and comment if you can. Love you all.)
------------

~~Manik's POV~~
Meanwhile, Nidhi comes out in a casual Cherokee top and capris. She stands in front of the mirror and dries her almost-waist length hair. I help her.

Manik: "You want help?" I give her a hair-drier and she smiles and takes it from me. "I'll have a shower and be back, okay?"

Nidhi: "Okay Appa." I take a shower and come out. I go downstairs and find Naman and Nidhi thinking from where to start cleaning.

Manik: "Let's clean this place." I bring a mop. Nidhi picks up all the food from the floor. Naman comes with a bottle of Colin and Nidhi's handkerchief. I mop the floor while he puts Colin on certain spots and wipes it off with her handkerchief.

Nidhi: "Naman, that's my hanky. Pass it back."

Naman: "Oh come on Nidhi. We can wash it later." Nidhi punches him gently and continues her job. We don't get too messy while cleaning. It's obvious how hilarious these kids are. I giggle looking at Naman. Colin on the floor? Like seriously? God! He is just like me, same brains! I would have done the same when I was 11.

After an hour of struggling, we clean the mess and wash our hands and legs. We sit on the couch, tired. I sit in the middle and Naman and Nidhi sit on either side. Nidhi puts her head on my lap and wraps her arms around my thigh. I pat her gently while Naman puts his head on my shoulder and goes to sleep. We all fall asleep on the couch.
~~POV ends~~

~~Cabir's POV~~
At 6:00 p.m., Kavya forces me to take her to the Malhotra Mansion and call the other kids along. We all reach the Malhotra mansion at 6:30 and to our surprise, the door isn't locked. We peep inside. We walk in.

Cabir: "Manik? Bro? Are you there?" We get no reply. I signal the kids to come inside. We tip-toe inside and find someone on the couch. We walk towards them and find Nidhi and Naman sleeping on Manik and Manik's hands, holding them securely. It is an amazing sight. I immediately take a picture of this cute almost-complete family. Sadly, Manik wakes up because of the flash of my camera. He rubs his eyes.
~~POV ends~~

~~Manik's POV~~
I wake up because of a light flash.

Manik: "Tum log yahan kya kar rahe ho?" I almost shout. "Yaar, you spoilt my beautiful dream."

Cabir: "Ooohh... With???"

Manik: "Shut up." Nidhi adjusts herself on my lap. She feels uncomfortable and wakes up.

Nidhi: "Appa... Cabir uncle? Aap yahan?" She immediately rubs her eyes and sits on the couch.

Cabir: "Haan voh bas... The kids wanted me to come." He points at the kids. I glare at him and he avoids eye-contact. I get a call and I excuse myself to attend it.

*Unknown number calling*
Manik: "Hello?"
Worker: "Mr. Malhotra?"
Manik: "Ji..."
Worker: "Sir, aap yahan aa sakte hai kya? Actually, aapka song ka file corrupt ho gaya hai aur agar Mr. Singhaniya ko pata chalega toh voh hume nahi choddenge." He stammers.
Manik: "Koi nahi. Hum sab vahan aa rahe hai. We will re-record the song."
Worker: "Thank you so much, Sir."
Manik: "No worries. Bye." I cut the call.
*call ends*

Manik: "Cabir, we must leave. We have to go to office. Our song file got corrupted and we must re-record it."

Cabir: "What?" I raise my eyebrows at him. "Tu pagal ho gaya hai kya? You mean, we should sing again?" I nod.