Chapter 33

Doctor: "Any relatives of Nidhi here?"

Manik: "Yes."

Doctor: "Are you Nidhi's dad?"

Manik: "Umm... Yes. How is she now?"

Doctor: "She just fell from 1 floor I suppose, so the injury isn't major but there is a lot of blood loss. We need B+ blood immediately. After the blood transfusion, you can take her home but just make sure she gets enough rest."

Manik: "Yeah, sure. I am ready to donate my blood."

Doctor: "Have you consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours?"

Manik: "Nope. I don't smoke also. Now take my blood fast."

Naman: "Manik, you serious?"

Manik: "Of course Champ." Manik gets called inside. He donates his blood. Just then, Nandini enters.

Nandini: "Nidhi!" She shouts and runs inside the hospital. She sees her son and runs to him. He is sitting on a chair and Nandini sits on her knees, in front of him. "Bacchha... Tum teek toh ho. Kya hua? Nidhi teek toh hai na?" Nandini is in tears.

Naman: "Mom, mein aap se baat nahi karne vala hun."

Nandini: "Naman... Betu, sorry baba. I know, I couldn't make it to your performance. I'm very sorry baby. I didn't do this on purpose. Tumhe pata hai na, every day I spent there without you guys was a lifeless day. Sorry betu." She holds her ears.

Naman: "Amma, it's okay. Now go see Nidhi. Voh andhar hai." Nandini pats his cheeks and rushes inside. She sees Manik sitting there, donating his blood. Meanwhile, Navya comes and takes Naman with her to the Malhotra mansion.

Nandini, on the other hand, cries seeing Manik helping her daughter. She leaves the room and sits on a chair in the corridor. Cabir comes from the taxi, with Nandini's luggage. He sees her depressed. He sits next to her.

Cabir: "Nandini, tum teek ho?" Suddenly, she loses control over herself and hugs Cabir tightly.

Nandini: "Cabir, I am such a bad mother. Jab Nidhi needed me the most, I wasn't there for her. In fact, I disappointed both my children. Now look at her... She..." She sobs into Cabir's shoulder.

Cabir pats her back and comforts her. Manik comes out and sees Nandini hugging Cabir. He feels a prick in his heart, seeing her so broken. Without saying a word, he leaves the place.

Nandini: "Cabir..."

Cabir: "Nandini, relax. Nidhi ko kuch nahi hoga. Manik tha na uske saath. He is their dad, damn it! And especially because the kids mean a lot to you, he considers them his own. Nandu, don't blame yourself for everything happening."

Nandini: "But Cabir, as a mother, I should have been there for my daughter, when she was in so much pain. Tumhe pata hai Cabir, my kids are my life. Agar voh nahi hote toh mein aaj zinda bhi nahi reh paungi. Delhi mein bhi, wherever I went, something or the other reminded me of them. I missed them so much and I can't bear to lose them."

Cabir: "Nandini, what nonsense are you talking? Vaisa kuch nahi hai okay? Doctors ne kaha ki she will be okay. Tum itni emotional kyun ho rahi ho?"

Nandini: "Thanks Cabir, for being by my side always like a brother." She hugs him again and she sits properly on the chair.

Cabir: "Nandini, did you eat anything?"

Nandini: "No... It's fine. When my daughter is suffering inside, mujhe bhuk kaise lagegi?"

Cabir: "Nandini... okay fine. I'll get you some coffee okay? And yeah, Navya took Naman home already. You need not worry about him." She nods and he pats her shoulder and leaves. Meanwhile, Manik who is witnessing all this from behind a wall, comes out. He couldn't bear her crying yet he knew she needed comfort.