Chapter 6

*Unknown number calling*
Nandini: "Hello?"
Man: "Nandini Murthy, report to college immediately."
Nandini: "Sir, but what happened?"
Man: "No questions, come now."
Nandini: "Yes sir."
*call ends*

Ab maine kya kiya? Ayyappa! Please mujhe bacha lo. I went home and changed into fresh clothes. Manik wasn't at home so I told Ramu kaka to tell him as soon as he comes back. I changed my clothes and left to college.

In college, a peon told me to go to the principal's room. I went to his room. Nyonika was sitting there, with the principal, looking at me with utmost disrespect.

Nyonika: "Miss. Nandini Murthy, please have a seat." I sat down on the chair opposite to her. "Do you know what Manik is going through now because of you?"

Nandini: "What?"

Nyonika: "Manik killed Soha because of you, to save you."

Nandini: "Ma'am, there must be some misunderstanding. Manik aisa nahi kar sakta."

Nyonika: "Oh shut up! Now listen to me..." She showed me the CCTV footage. It showed that Manik pushed Soha and Soha fell into the fire. She got burnt and she died. "Now Miss. Murthy, this evidence will not go to the court. In the court, you will be the witness and you will tell the magistrate that Manik was not involved in Soha's death at all." Of course he wasn't. It was self-defense.
~~POV ends~~

~~Manik's POV~~
I take a shower. I think about how awesome my life was 10 years ago. Oh, I still didn't tell you guys how we broke up right? Well it wasn't exactly a breakup. I'll tell you what exactly happened...

(This is Manik's point of view during that incident.)

Someone rang the doorbell. I told Nandini to hide in the bathroom. As she walked to the bathroom, I couldn't help but smile at her beautiful body, which was almost completely visible through my shirt. I came out of the trance. I opened the door and found Cabir.

Cabir: "Bro, come to college now."

Manik: "Cabir, kya hua?"

Cabir: "Manik, it's urgent. Now wear your clothes and come." Cabir stayed in my room until I wore my shirt. I thanked God that Nandini had taken all her stuff inside the bathroom with her. I wore my shirt.

Manik: "Could I have a shower?" I tried to make an excuse to meet Nandini.

Cabir: "Manik, it's late bro. It's urgent."

Manik: "Fine."

I got ready and went downstairs. I went to college and meet Nyonika.

Manik: "Goddamnit Nyonika! Don't tell me that you wanted me to meet you so urgently that I couldn't even spare time to brush my teeth."

Nyonika: "Manik, do you know that you have been accused for Soha's death? Khurana has filed a case against you." What? I killed Soha? What the fuck! I went back home after 30 minutes of fighting and arguing with that bitch. No wonder why I never call her my mother. She's a whore.

I went home and I couldn't find Nandini anywhere. I called her but no response. I texted her but no reply. I took a shower and got ready to go to the court.

At the court, I saw my girl. My heart jumped with joy, to see her safe in front of me. Her eyes were swollen a little. I tried to confront her and she cried in my arms. I hugged her tight and told her that everything would be okay. She was about to ask me something when Nyonika interrupted the moment and took Nandini away. I gave her a weird look.

I got called inside. There she was. My Nandini. I sat beside her.

Magistrate: "Manik Malhotra?"

Manik: "Yes."

Magistrate: "Okay. So Nandini Murthy says that she witnessed the incident. So Ms. Murthy, could you tell me, was Manik involved in Soha Khurana's death or not?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes. She hesitated and was nervous. I held her and hand and supported her.

Manik: "Nandini, tell what your heart tells you. Don't be afraid. I am there with you and I will be... Humesha." She thought for a while.

Magistrate: "Was Manik involved in Soha's death or not?"

Nandini: "I don't know. I don't know." What? I left her hand and she put her hand on mine and tried to hold it. But it was too late. "Manik, I know you didn't kill her. Manik! Manik, please listen to me." I was put behind bars. She was crying and I was boiling with anger, and pain.

Thinking of this incident makes me cry. Nandini, tumne aisa kyun kiya? You believed Nyonika but not your boyfriend, your better half? Our relationship didn't even last a day. You just didn't believe in me, in us. If it was me in your position, even if Cabir or Dhruv would have showed me any footage or any picture, I wouldn't have believed them. Because I trust you. But you... Nandini, these 10 years have been worser than hell without you. Do you know how much it hurts being alone in life? Ab Dad bhi nahi hai. Now, other than Cabir, nobody knows me completely, neither does anyone care.

I quickly get up and get ready. I stand in front of the mirror and put some deodorant. Oh god! Today is 'Raksha Bandhan' right? Fuck! I pick an ethnic costume. I pick the red kurta I wore on Diwali. Nandini's favourite outfit. I change and I take my guitar and jacket and head downstairs. Okay, so usually, I practice guitar when really I'm happy or really sad. After all that recollecting, you can say that I'm definitely not happy; especially, not after realising that I did IT again! I hate myself for that. I hate her for making me like that. I wish I could go back 10 years and make my decision again. I was such a jerk. Who would ever let go of such a gem of a person, other than Manik Malhotra! Anyways, I chuck those thoughts and I help Kavya drink her milk and have her breakfast while Navya makes our breakfast and Cabir changes his clothes. This jerk Cabir forced me to join them for the party. At 8:00, Kavya, Navya and Cabir and I walk out of the house.
~~POV ends~~

----------
(Please vote and comment guys. We need your support. Thanks again. Love you all. Next part on Friday.)