Chapter 17

(A/N: For the previous chapter, we have not received good response from you all. We don't know why. Please vote and comment guys. We take so much pain to type a chapter for you and if you silent readers cannot spare a moment to click on the star below, it hurts. We are in higher classes and we put back all our priorities for our passion. It would be nice if you guys could give us your feedback. We love all those who spend time reading and commenting on our updates. Thanks a lot to you guys. It's because of you all that we are writing this chapter. However, we expected a better response from you all. Anyways, here you go.)

-----------
~~Manik's POV~~
After what seems like hours, I regain my consciousness slowly. I open my eyes to find myself in a dark room, with a dim light on. I feel a pillow beside me. I am hugging it damn tight and the scent is familiar. I look down at myself and find myself covered with a soft, yellow blanket which has a print of two minions hugging each other. I remember that this is Nandini's house and wake up with a jerk. Ouch! My head! Damn! I check my phone for the time and it is 12:30 a.m. I have been sleeping for 6 hours?? OMFG! I don't sleep well in the nights so I think it's okay. But where is Nandini?? I get out of the bed and fold the blanket a little. It looks really cute and I just smile imagining her kids sleeping with that blanket. I get out of the bed and find her lying down, on a comforter, with a jar in her hand. It's her jar of fireflies. But it's smaller. I touch the jar and when our hands meet, the fireflies glow. I still don't understand what's up with these fireflies but I know they make her happy. I pick her in my arms and lay her on the bed. I roll over her and come close. I kiss her forehead and lay beside her, hugging her. She smiles and we fall asleep.

The next morning, I wake up and find her missing. I quickly freshen up. I hear some noises downstairs and I go down. I see Nandini feeding her kids some parathas while they are watching T.V. All of them are sitting on the ground. I admire their cuteness.

Nidhi: "Amma, jaldi jaldi. We have only 20 minutes more before school."

Naman: "Nidhi, chillax yaar. Tum itni jaldi tension kyun leti ho? We have time. Cabir will come to pick us, hai na Mom?" I smile at them unknowingly, as I walk downstairs.

Manik: "Uski kya zarurat hai? Mein hun na? I'll drop you both." I come and sit next to them, but on the couch.

Naman: "Haan... Manik drop kar dega. Tum tension mat lo."

Nandini: "Manik, when did you get up? How are you feeling now?" WOW! She is concerned about me after all I did to her? Of course, she is Nandini Murthy na? Wait... She is married, so she isn't part of the Murthy family anymore. Fuck.

Manik: "I woke up just now and yeah, I am fine."

Naman: "Tumhe bhuk nahi lag rahi hai?"

Manik: "Yeah, I'll go home and have."

Nidhi: "Arre... Amma, zara Manik uncle ko bhi khila do na?" Ooohh... That's a great idea, khila do Nandu.

Nandini: "Voh... Umm... Okay fine." I look at her and she is hesitant. I sit down next to Naman and she holds a paratha piece in her hand. I open my mouth and she puts the paratha into my mouth. I smile at her and I can see her smile widening, looking at me. She feeds the kids and feeds me. She treats me just like her kid and tears pour out of my eyes. Nyonika, I hate you for not giving me a mother's love. Tears are rolling down her cheeks too but she wipes it off secretly and I notice it. I am sorry, Nandini. I lift my hand to wipe those tears. Just then, she gets a call. I immediately withdraw my hand.

Nandini: "Manik, please get the phone na?" She sniffs while I reach back and get it from the coffee table. I see the name flashing-'Arya'. I fume in jealousy but I calmly hand the phone to Nandini. "Manik, yahan rakho please." She says signalling to place it on her ear. I press the 'Accept' button and place it on her ear.

*Aryamann calling*
"Haan bolo Arya." Meanwhile, she is feeding me. I wet her fingers with my lips. She smiles and withdraws her hand immediately.
-
"Acchha. Ab kya karen?"
-
"Okay, I'll ask them to stay at Cabir's place." Yes! I'll get a chance to get closer to her kids and impress her through them.
-
"Haan... Fine. But come fast."
-
"Yeah bye."
*call ends*

Nandini: "Thanks Manik for holding the phone. Kids, I need to go to work now. So tum dono breakfast kha lo aur Manik ke saath school jao. Manik, here you go. Take these keys. After school, just bring them here. Rupa aunty said she's gonna make some tasty lunch for them. After that, if possible, take them to Cabir's house." I stand up to wash my mouth.

Manik: "Yeah. Mujhe koi problem nahi hai, in dropping you guys. Ab chalo, get ready." I ask Nandini where the bathroom is and go there. She follows me. We wash our hands in her room and I walk out of the bathroom first. I stand near the bed while she comes out of the bathroom. She walks away and I pull her. She falls on me with a lot of velocity. I lose my balance. We fall on the bed with her on top of me. Her hair is falling on my face. The way her eyes close to feel my touch, when I move my hand from her arm to her back and caress it, it feels good. She still isn't over me. Then why does she pretend? I tuck her hair behind her ear. I roll over and place her under me. Gosh! This scent! She kills me. I come closer to her and lean to kiss her when she pushes me away.

Nandini: "Manik, tum kya kar rahe ho?"

Manik: "Nandini, why are you not accepting our relationship?"

Nandini: "Relationship? What relationship? Manik, it's over between us. If you cared about us, you would have stopped me from leaving. You didn't value our love then. So why now?"

Manik: "Because Nandini, I love you from my heart, from my mind and from my soul. I can never get over you. I am sorry, Nandini for letting you go. Jo hua, so hua. Let's start afresh. Please forgive me. I love you."

Nandini: "But I can't forgive you, Manik. Sirf ek sorry bolne se sab teek nahi ho sakta. Kuch mistakes ke liye sorry kafi nahi hota. Tumhe itna bhi pata hai ki mein in 10 saalo mein kya-kya kho chuki hun? Do you know how much pain you caused me? Aur phir humare ba... Choddo. Do you atleast know what happened to me after I went to U.S.? No na? Kyun? Because tumhe koi farak nahi padta, hai na? Bolo Manik." She is in tears. I try to stop her and console her. She walks backwards, looking down and sobbing. Her cries are getting louder by the second and I can't bear it. I walk to her and lift her face with my finger. Her bloodshot eyes look into mine and her lips shiver. I can't see her like this. She is in pain, because of me. I crash my lips on her parted lips. I kiss her hungrily and feel that similar vibe of electricity through me which I have never felt in these 10 years. This kiss still feels like my first one with her, despite the fact that we have already made out in the past. She responds to the kiss slowly. I suck her upper lip and she sucks my lower lip. Her fingers run through my hair and my hands pull her close to me, by her waist. I know she needs me just as much as I need her. We kiss so hungrily, trying to breathe in the small space between us. She comes back to her senses, breaks the kiss and gets embarassed.

Nandini: "Voh... Actually..."

Manik: "No need to explain. I'll be downstairs. You come." I needed that kiss. That's kind of my way of saying sorry to her. "But I need to know 3 things. Just 3 questions, Nandini. Please, mere liye."

Nandini: "Okay, I will answer you, but not now."

Manik: "Whenever we are free."

Nandini: "Okay... Yeah. Cool." I smile and clear the awkwardness in the room by leaving. I go downstairs and see the kids packing their stuff.

---------
(Next chapter will not be posted until we get better response. Okaythanksbye.)