Chapter 34

(A/N: Okay guys, this is probably one emotional update. Get your box of tissues and be prepared for more drama. Previous chapter didn't receive much response so we won't be continuing the story. Thanks for everything. This is not the ending. Probably, we'll post one last chapter and end the story. This chapter is only for those who commented and voted for the previous part. Thank you everyone for being such wonderful readers. Stay blessed. Goodbye.)
---------

Manik stands there still shocked, trying to process everything. His assumptions were always right. They were his children. The thought brings a smile on his face but at the same time, unable to bear the fact that he was away from them for 10 years, he cries.

Nandini: "Manik, don't you know? Protection isn't 100% safe. Manik, do you know how much I missed you? When I was in labor, the pain was so unbearable and I needed your support but you weren't there Manik. I almost lost my life and even after their birth, I suffered from postpartum depression. But it was my fault, and I think everything that happened with me was because I betrayed you. I shouldn't have done that. Manik, I knew that you didn't kill..."

Manik: "Ssshhh..." He put his finger on her lips. "Let's forge the past. But that means Naman and Nidhi are really my kids. Why didn't you tell me?" He smiles.

Nandini: "I tried. But I think you broke your phone or something like that. Cabir was telling something about you breaking your phone."

Manik: "Okay fine. Now tell me everything, Nandini. No secrets, only truth."

Nandini: "Okay. Come sit." She pulls him to the wall and they sit against the wall. "After you left me, I went to Delhi. Actually I was to leave a week after your performance anyways. So I left to Delhi and applied for a job there. But I went to U.S. soon later. I worked as a model there. And I realised that I..."

Manik: "But how?" He made a weird expression.

Nandini: "How matlab?" She laughs. "I started panicking and took a test and found out that I was pregnant. I cried for months and hoped that you would come back, for our baby's sake. I had to quit modelling also later on as I was putting on weight. I conceived with twins and yeah, both of them are almost carbon-copies of you. I was in labor and I suffered a lot of pain. There were many complications and the doctors lost hope. They said that only two out of the three of us could be saved. I would have died that day. Maybe the fear of leaving our kids as orphans gave me the strength to stay strong. I had a C-section and there's Naman and Nidhi." Nandini says, smiling as she recollected the moments. At the same time, she is crying because of the pain and tears start rolling down Manik's cheeks also.

Manik: "Nandu, I am sorry. Mujhe nahi pata tha ki tumhe meri zarurat padegi. I mean, I searched a lot for you but I couldn't find you anywhere. But now I know what to do. I know how to make things right."

Nandini: "Manik, wait. Let me finish." She continues. "You know, why our kids are called Naman and Nidhi?" He shakes his head in a no. "Na for Nandini and Man for Manik." Manik smiles.

Manik: "And Nidhi?"

Nandini: "Nidhi means 'gem', Manik. You are my gem so that's why." Manik hugs her. "You know Manik, when our babies first smiled, you were not there. You missed so many beautiful moments, Manik. Do you know the first word Nidhi spoke? She said 'Appa'. She called you, Manik but you weren't there. She cried when I carried her away and stretched her arms hoping you would come to carry her. And Naman, uske baare mein kya kahu? He was always a hungry kid and no matter how much he would eat, his stomach would never be full, just like you Manik. And not to mention, his possessiveness, naughtiness, impulsiveness and stubbornness which run in the Malhotra's blood." Manik smiles and holds her hand, entwining their fingers.