Episode 24: Black List

Scene 1

[Catz house, afternoon] Princess sat in front of the four on the coffee table. Four pads of paper and four pencils were set out in front of them.

Nellie: What's this for?

Princess: We are running out of time. I want each of you to write down a list of possible black diamond carriers. Hopefully we can protect these people from the enemy.

Each of them took one pad and pencil. Nellie looked down at her empty piece of paper reluctantly. Carter eyed her and wrote down a name. Ollie wrote down a name on her sheet. Penny wrote down multiple ideas. Finally, Nellie scribbled down one name. Princess collected the pads and looked down at them, understanding Nellie's feelings from their earlier discussion of the same topic.

Princess: Let's hope it's not who you and Carter think it may be. (To Ollie) Cute, pale guy? That's not very specific.

Ollie: Oh, I know what he looks like. I volunteer to watch him.

Carter (grinning): I bet.

Princess: Carter! (To Ollie) Why do you think it is that boy?

Ollie: I felt something when I first saw him.

Nellie: Oh, it might be love.

Princess: Nellie, be serious now! Carter, I would understand since he is the youngest, but Nellie, I expect much more from you since you are the leader.

Nellie: I'm sorry.

Princess: Well, at least try to find out his name, Ollie. Now, Penny, good work! You think it could be anyone with a dark outer appearance.

Penny: Also anyone who seems different or gets his or her way a lot, due to having the power of telekinesis. And some people who have been around the scene of the crime when someone else has been attacked.

Princess: Good thinking! Now, I want you all to be on the look out for these types of people. Also, don't rule out the possibility of young children. Meeting is adjured.

Nellie got up from the couch and hurried up the stairs. Carter left to the kitchen while Ollie headed for the front door, putting on her coat and grabbing her bag. Then the phone rang.

Scene 2

Penny: I'll get it. (On the phone): Hello?

Matt: Hi, is this Penny?

Penny: Yes. Who is this?

Matt: This is Matt. We met the other night and you gave me your phone number. (Pause) Would you like to go out tonight?

Penny: Sure. Where would you like to meet?

Matt: Have you been to the Ambivalence Lounge?

[Dark place] A shadowed figure was seated on a throne in a dark, richly adorned area. Matt kneeled down on one knee in front of her with his right arm across his chest.

Queen: I am growing impatient. Where is the black diamond?

Matt: You'll have it soon, my queen. I feel like we're getting close.

Queen: I'm tired of waiting.

Mouse squeaks started to grow louder behind him. Matt bowed his head down lower.

Matt: I will not disappoint you, your highness.

Queen: I hope not, for your sake. You are my favorite. If you get the black diamond for me, we'll rule the earth together.

Matt: It is already my honor to serve you.

The queen nodded in agreement and motioned for him to get up and leave. Matt rose and turned quickly. A mermaid-like creature followed him in the darkness.