Chapter 6

Her shoulders fell a little lower as the tension slowly withered away. She had found someone Dimitri was willing to take a chance with on the first try and that gave her at least a little bit of hope.

Valarie took the pink piggy bank from her dresser and began counting the change she had been stashing away for some months now. It fell a step short of four hundred dollars. This is what will have to last until she was able to pay off the bank. Food, transport, bills...There will definitely have to be some major cutbacks. She would have to salvage as much as she could from her paycheck to put towards savings and purchase only things she needed.

The ring of her phone startled her ad caused the stack of money to fall out of her hands and scatter on her bed. She scrambled to retrieve her phone and managed to answer it on the last ring.

"Hello" she answered hastily.

"Hello. This is Dimitri. Did I call in bad time?"

"Oh no. Why did you ask that?"

"You sounded a bit odd when you answered."

"Don't mind me. What do you want?"

"Rebecca and I are going on another date tonight. I will be taking her to dinner. I don't even know why I am telling you this. Anyway, will talk tomorrow."

Before she could even attempt to respond, the phone clicked and he was gone. She rolled her eyes and sighed as she bent down to pick the money up. The stillness of the room became more apparent now. She inhaled a sharp breath of cool air and pulled her pillow between her legs. It was her only source of comfort at the time and that was indeed something she could use a lot of at the time.

***

Dimitri made it five minutes before the said time they agreed upon. His black levi jeans and white long sleeved shirt, rolled neatly to his elbow fell perfectly over his body. He engaged himself in petty conversation with the valet as he awaited her arrival.

The sounds of heels clicking against the ground aired nearby. Dimitri spun around to see a slim figure approaching. A silky olive green shirt tucked neatly into a black high waited skirt gave emphasis to her features.

"You're late" he greeted trying to suppress a smile.

"No you were just early. It's 7pm" she said matter of fact.

He shook his head and smiled. Those grey eyes moved from head to toe, exploring her in full. She smirked, feeling contented with the view she implored him with.

"You are very beautiful" he commented.

"I know" she replied, a smug look on her face.

"You're not giving much room for modesty now are you?"

"I don't see the point denying the truth. Anyway are we just going to stand out here and chat or have you perhaps forgotten to make reservations?"

He snorted "Ha forget? Are you indicating that I am irresponsible?"

"Well I don't know. Are you?" she folded her arms.

His head cocked slightly to the right as his thumb finger slowly brushed across his lower lip. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Is that what the hell everyone thinks of me lately?" He questioned silently and gritted his teeth. A slow steady breath escaped him.

"No" he spat and proceeded towards the entrance.

Rebecca smirked and followed him inside. He sat her down at the table he'd picked then found his seat as well. He took it upon himself to order for them both this time. Grilled chicken salad.