Chapter 20

As soon as the door closed behind Mr. Osbourne, Kyle snapped. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Ashley chuckled "But he did tell him the truth." Kyle glared at her then averted his attention back to Dimitri. "I asked you a question star boy. Why didn't you?"

Dimitri loosened his tie further. "Just drop it okay?"

"No i'm not going to drop it. You and i both know that Valarie worked on those designs herself. You father needs to know."

"Look i will tell him okay just not now. Give me a break and some time to figure it out."

Ashley raised her eyebrow "There is nothing to say. You already told him the truth." Her voice echoed in his ear and he glared at her. "You. You just shut up. Why would you Ashley? Why would you do such a thing?" her lips quirked up into a one -sided smile. I think the better question is....Why not?" She walked up to his desk and flung the folder on the table. "I think you better get to the paperwork, we don't have much time." she turned to walk back out the door then paused "Oh and by the way, we have a date tonight. Your dad wants to meet with one of his partners to discuss a contract. They specifically asked for his son and his lady so you know what to do. I'll be in the lobby at 7." With that, she continued out the door.

"Oh I know that bitch didn't just-" Kyle raised his eyebrow then turned to Dimitri. "You are such a sissy. You are just letting this girl walk all over the world like she is some Queen or something. Your father must be so proud of you right now."

"Shut up!" Dimitri snapped.

"Oh you don't tell me to shut up. I'm not going to sit back and watch me sabotage my friend. I'm going to tell your father and i'm going to tell him now."

"Don't you dare. I told you i will handle it. I will make you regret it if you do."

Kyle folded his arms "Oh yea? How so?"

"You see, my dad told me about your ultimate pet peeve. I heard you absolutely hate it when your perfect record gets tarnished. In particular? When you get fired. If you tell my father, i will make sure that you get fired. FIRED. The day you tell my father will be the last day you ever work here."

Kyle's draw dropped. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. This was his dream job at stake here and to be fired, he just couldn't bare. He was furious. "You're a dick!"

Dimitri smirked "I know...and you like it. Now get back to work."

***

Not a second past seven, not a second before, Ashley stepped foot into the lobby. Her body modelled one of the designs from the show. It was indeed beautiful. Mr. Osbourne smiled and looked at his son. Dimitri balled his hands into fists and forced his mind to settle on something away from the scene. As Ashley approached, her outstretched her arms and laid a gentle kiss on Osbourne's cheek. "Ahh Ashley you look remarkable" he complimented. Dimitri rolled his eyes and began walking towards the door. "I'm going to get my car" he mumbled. Nikoli furrowed his brows "Dimitri I hired the lemo. There is no need." "I prefer to drive" Dimitri responded without turning back." His father shook his head and looked at Ashley confusingly. "What's gotten into him?" She interlocked her left arm with his right. "Don't worry about him, it's just the stress." "Ahh" Nikoli mused and began walking her out the door.

Even though Dimitri had left before them, he was nowhere to be seen when they arrived at the restaurant. Nikoli sat opposite to his partner while both their wives and Ashley filled in the other seats. The chair next to Ashley still remained the odd one out and stood cold in the night. "'Ashley why don't you give Dimitri a call?" She nodded and took out her phone to call him.