Chapter 36

< 2 months later >

Without words, it was clear how much their relationship had tightened in such a short time. Valarie felt like she had never felt before and it was a mutual feeling for Dimitri as well. They were like ring on finger without even having a proposal. 'The power couple' Kyle described them as though Valarie denied them being an official couple at all.

She trotted into his office bearing gifts. Dimitri smiled as she rested his own cup of coffee on his desk and some French pastries.

"Ahh finally you feed me" he said.

Valarie snorted. "That's only because there was a buy one get one free offer. "

"Dammit. There you go crushing my special moment."

"Woops. I guess you are not all that special after all." She joked.

"Haha. How did you sleep last night? How are you this morning. "

She rolled her neck and glared at him.

"Dimitri you slept next to me last night and you woke up with me this morning. Wasn't it a peaceful ride?"

He grinned "Well I am just making sure. You have quite a blank morning face, it's hard to tell."

Valarie scrunched her nose and shook her head. "Eat up. You have tons of paper work to do today. I'm working with some models for the bridal wear designs. You better keep that suit in tact because you'll be choosing the dresses."

"Are you going to wear a dress too?"

"Me? No way. I have no business in weddings any time soon."

"Haha you mean I have no business seeing your dress before time" he joked.

Or was it half of a joke? She rolled her eyes and took a sip of her coffee before modelling out to start her day's work. She buried herself in the design room to do what she did best.

Kyle went to Dimitri's office to retrieve some files that Valarie had asked him to get. Dimitri actually greeted with a smile. Kyle leaned back and raised his eyebrows.

"Well, well, what do you know. The devil has teeth. When I saw that dear Valarie was falling under your spell, I was about to beech slap you but I must say, I am really impressed. I have never seen her this happy before. She is glowing. Everything about her has heightened. Her energy, her smile, her work ethics. Of course she'll still deny the full reality of your relations but I can assure you that she has already drank all of your magic potion."

"Magic potion?"

Kyle rolled his eyes." I was speaking figuratively. The change in you is your magic potion. I no longer see you drooling over women like a lion looking it his first meal in weeks. Your constant acidic state has clearly been neutralised."

"Well I guess that makes Valarie the Alkaline solution then."

A smile played upon Kyle's face. "Yes she is. I'm just wondering though, what took you so long? Like she has been here all along yet you've never noticed her."

"It's not that I haven't noticed her. I've noticed her from the very start. She was the only woman to stand up to me and put me in my place whenever I deserved it. This might sound funny but I was actually afraid of her. I was afraid to open myself to her because she made me feel different to how other women made me feel. Vulnerable and all that mushy gushy stuff that I think I'm not supposed to feel. I have a reputation to upkeep you know?"

"Oh you don't have to worry about that. The world knows how much of an ass that you can be l ready. That's something most people won't forget. As long as you don't hurt Valarie, I see no problem here."