Chapter 31

Valarie lied in bed with her palms over her face as the memory of last night played like a movie in her head. Had she really technically agreed to giving Dimitri a chance? Was it her failed attempts of getting him to settle in with previous women downing on her? Perhaps she felt like more success would come out of it if she had experienced his ways with women first hand. Nonetheless, she was sure that is was going to be a gamble.

She had arranged to meet Kyle and Jake for breakfast that morning. Valarie rolled out of bed sluggishly and headed to the shower. The feel of the water running down her skin reminded her of Dimitri in the pool with her. She traced her finger over her lips as she remembered the way his felt on hers. Valarie scolded herself and tried to erase her thoughts. Though she had agreed to try, she still wasn't a huge fan of him. She didn't exactly trust him yet. The memory of his dark side was still clear in her head so his recent change in demeanour didn't quite convince her yet.

Her mind played it over in her head. She didn't exactly agree to being with him. It was just a small step beyond a normal co-worker relationship. She smacked herself to escape from her thoughts once more and headed to the bedroom to get ready. Today was a lazy day indeed, her outfit mirrored it. Her hair tied into a messy bun, her dress slightly crumpled and a mere hint of eyeliner.

Jake picked her up at her apartment and they both headed to the café where Kyle was already awaiting them.

"Hey girlfriend!" Kyle greeted as Valarie approached the table he had booked.

"Good morning design stealer" Valarie teased.

"Damn you aren't going to let go of this soon now aren't you?"

"Nope. Don't count on it."

The guys greeted with a simple nod of their heads.

"I already ordered for you both. You know how quickly things get crazy in here on a morning and I didn't want to have to bitch slap somebody if I had to wait too long for my coffee and scrambled eggs."

"Haha I hope you ordered the same for me. I love scrambled eggs" Jake said while taking his seat.

"You know I did" Kyle smiled. "So...since we don't have much time to eat because work calls, we should get right to it. I think Valarie has news for us."

Valarie furrowed her brows and smiled. "What? No I don't.

"I think you do" Jake teased.

"Yes, yes. Need I remind you of your date with the devil last night?" Kyle inputted.

"It wasn't a date. We just ...hung out."

"Whatever you want to call it haha. So how did your hang out go?"

"It was okay..."

"Just okay? Details, details!" Kyle pushed.

"Well...he carried me to his house."

"His house? The house where his parents stay?"

"No, his house, house."

"Wait he has a house of his own?"

"Yes apparently. I had no idea."

"So the man is a man" Jake smiled.

A small smile played across her face and she shook her head.

"He designed it when he was a teen and his father gave him the live house as a gift for his birthday."

"Ahh so he took you to his house eh?" Kyle asked.