Chapter 40 (Honestly)

Karma will always be the demon and the angel that lurks in the dark and dwells in the light. Seems like the Chase's were not the only ones who had some epic plan.

Valarie was still confused, thorn between her thoughts. She had not yet processed what Jake had told her. In her mind, it was all over. Till this time, Dimitri had not been able to prove his innocence. What exactly had they meant when they he said that it was all some scheme?

"Guys, I'm not sure what you mean. Anyone care to elaborate?" Valarie questioned.

"Ariel did some digging and she linked the Chases to some serious fraud. I'm just making the story short for now but the list of crimes that man is linked to is endless. Also, because of some of these things he had involvements with, he double crossed the wrong people which literally drained his bank account. He is still owing up to this date. It was either to continue going down a path of destruction or get the money somehow to clear off his debts and to get himself back on the silver platter he was on. By the looks of it, he chose the silver platter. You see it's easy, once he got his daughter to marry Dimitri, they would have access to all the money again. Without the Osbournes, they are practically doomed. The pregnancy was just a way to get Dimitri to marry Leanna because they knew how strict Nikolai is with his values."

"They still won at the end of the day though. Dimitri could not take his hands off that girl and got her pregnant so now they pay the price."

"Well, that's the other thing though, the pregnancy does not even exist."

"What do you mean?"

"Ariel also found out that Leanna had a hysterectomy done a few years ago so unless babies are made in bottles, there is no way possible that she could be pregnant."

Valarie's eyes widened. "I don't understand. The doctors confirmed that she is pregnant."

"It's amazing the power blackmailing has over someone. Apparently they rounded up a strong case against the Osbourne's family physician. The options given were either to expose him for mal practice and make him lose his licence or fake the pregnancy test and they leave his name out of their mouths so that he can keep his licence. Money I think was also offered as part of the deal if he complied."

"I find that really hard to believe. They had pictures of Dimitri you know...having sex with that girl. From that onwards makes the pregnancy really convincing."

Ariel walked up to Valarie and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Don't you think that it is a bit weird that they have pictures of that? I mean, who the f*ck does that? My take would be that they just needed the extra drive to make their conviction about the pregnancy more solid. I say, it was a bad move. No one who is casually having sex would stop in the middle to take pictures for proof. Dimitri does not strike me as the self-pornography guy anyway."

"To be completely honest with you, he seemed pretty clueless about the whole situation. Something is telling me that he was unaware throughout that entire act. They must have used something to disorient him. Perhaps gotten him too drunk or used some pill or something."

Pill, it was like the missing puzzle piece to Valarie's confused brain. Her memory clicked back to how weird Mr. Pepper sounded when he instructed her to check the pills carefully. The little strange green pill she knew nothing about. What could that have been and why would it be hidden on the top shelf under the bottles?

"Umm guys I went into their medicine cabinet to get some painkillers yesterday and I found some pill with a cute doggy name." Valarie said.

"A cute doggy name?" Jake snorted. "What was it called?"