Chapter 16 pt 2

The clock was ticking and with the launch of the next clothing line 24 hours away, the heat in the office was now a blazing fire.

Sweat beaded down Valarie's face like she was standing under the shower. She was working feverishly, trying to add the finishing touches to her designs. Though she had no idea if her work would take a walk down the aisle tomorrow night, she was willing to give it her all.

"Child you are going to pass out if you don't stop working so much" Kyle approached her from behind.

Valarie chuckled. "Don't worry, I will survive."

"Haha. Tell me something though because I don't understand. Your designs are already amazing. Why are you still so worked up about it?"

"Dimitri didn't seem to think that they were so great. I'm just trying to I don't know. Get his ultimate approval. The only time I think I will be satisfied or know that he actually really like them is if he agrees to put them in the show. If he doesn't, then he'll prove you wrong and me right. He doesn't really like my work."

"Aww Val why are you so hard on yourself? I am 100% sure that he will put you in the show. I'm not even worried. He loves your designs but just doesn't like to admit it. He'll prove you wrong. You wait and see."

Her cheeks gave a faint hint of redness and she struggled to leave her face emotionless.

"Please, please, please give it a rest Val. You need rest for the big day tomorrow. Just stop working, go clean yourself up and relax."

"Okay fine but only because you begged me to. I will rest okay? Happy now?"

"Yes. This is the best news for the week. You go relax somewhere. I have to go collect my suit now from the tailor. Send me a pic of what you are going to wear tomorrow madam. I will see you tomorrow."

Kyle embraced Valarie and gave her a small peck on the cheek before leaving. Valarie wiped the mass of the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand. She was a complete mess. It was only until she saw her reflection in the mirror that she realized what state she was in. if there was a way there and then to make her teleport to the washroom to clean herself up she would have.

Valarie scoped the surroundings to see if there was anyone around or anyone that was paying attention to her. She slowly brushed her hand over her frizzy hair and began to walk towards the bathroom. Her head constantly shifted around as if she was being hunted by some animal in the wild. All she wished was for no one to notice her in such a state.

Wild, frizzy hair, slippery shiny skin, ruffled clothing. How high fashioned was she? Surely the other designers would not take her seriously. No matter what storm or world you pass through, in their eyes, you are still supposed to look 'good'.

With only a few feet away from the washroom, she began to feel like she'd accomplished her mission but there was one obstacle she wished that she could have avoided completely.

*Thug!* she bumped into a firm wall of muscles. Valarie stumbled backwards and would have fell if two strong hands hadn't grabbed her in time.

"Watch where you are going" a familiar voice grumbled.

"You watch it" Valarie countered trying to raise her voice.

Dark hooded eyed peered down at her. Valarie felt her body stiffen. Solid fingers were still gripped around her waist and she tried to ignore the burning sensation they were triggering.

"Could you like, stop touching me?" she feigned anger.

It was only then that Dimitri had realized that he still held her in a grasp. He immediately removed his hands and scuffed.