Chapter 22

Her cheeks rendered a bright red but this time it wasn't from basking in the ambience of her fifteen minutes of fame, it was from a palm. A very swift unexpected palm that sent needles through her entire face. Ashley knew having Valarie around was a threat but after their encounter earlier, she proved to be a bigger threat than she had initially thought. You would think such an incident would tame the wild cat but it only fired her up more. She was determined to keep Valarie down and using her as a step to lift herself up.

She had a sketchy plan in her head. Mr. Osbourne wanted new designs for the next show and it was new designs he was going to get. No matter what it took for her to get them. Ashley flipped her hair and plastered her game face on. She trotted over to Fashion and began sifting through the designs that didn't make it to the last show. There was nothing worthy. Nothing that came remotely close to 'her' designs. In every draw and in every cupboard, she looked for potential sketches and clothing that other designers may have left behind.

Mr. Osbourne was eager to talk to Valarie about his son. He seemed to have improved quite a lot since her input. "Valarie I should really consider increasing your pay again." Valarie raised her brow and tilted her head slightly to the right. "Really? Why?"

"I can tell Dimitri I improving a lot. Before now, he probably blew up every show or important meetings we did together. After that fashion night, he's surely changing my views in his competency. Also, I don't see him running around after those low lives anymore. He's still a bit sketchy but much better than I thought he would be. "

"Great now he's thanking me for a son who is the biggest sissy and liar in the world. Yay me!" Valarie muttered in her head.

Her best bet was to just play along just like everyone else was. "Haha don't mention it."

"So how is everything with you and ...Well how have your matters with the bank been going? Have your aunt contacted you yet?"

"Well I'm still saving towards it. Hopefully I get there soon but they aren't giving me an easy time. I probably get a reminder at least once every day. It's really frustrating and my aunt haven't contacted me yet nor answered any of my calls since."

"Ahh Valarie I'm sorry that you have to go through this. Please keep me updated. If you need more help, I'll- "

"Hey I'm fine." Valarie stopped him "I'll be fine. I'll get it cleared off somehow. This is my responsibility." Before Nikolai could continue on the topic, she changed it.

"So...Have Ashley come up with any new designs yet?"

He was reluctant but he could sense that she clearly didn't want to further the previous topic. "She told me that she is working on them and I'll only get to see them when it's perfect."

"Ohh is that so?" Valarie seemed impressed. "Well I can't wait to see them. I'm sure they will be no less than what she presented the last time. "

"Valarie you should really consider putting your designs up for this one. My wife was telling me how talented you are. She has seen a few of your designs before."

"Oh no, no. I don't think I have the heart to pull off something great. After all, I didn't even have the dedication to keep working tirelessly on designs for the last show like Ashley did."

Nikolai shook his head. "Always so stubborn aren't you? Every time my wife doesn't see your work in the show, she thinks is because I prevent you from showing it."

"Haha don't worry I'll clear up that issue with her the next time we meet. Dimitri wanted me to take care of some stuff so I guess I better get to it. You know the next few weeks are going to be crazy."