Chapter 12

Valarie fell back on the bed in frustration. She whined about having absolutely nothing to wear yet her eyes gazed upon a packed closet. A decision was hard to come by. Nothing appealed to her. She scolded herself for not asking further details about the meeting. Was it really formal, semiformal? Should she really dress up or keep it toned down? The unknowing irked her.

The sound of the doorbell aired in the distance. Valarie's eyes flung open in horror. She shuffled for her phone to watch the time. It was an hour before the agreed time to pick her up. How could they have come so early? The bell rang again and she hurriedly rose from her bed and headed outside towards the door in only her underwear.

When she was about midway, realization struck her and she paused in her tracks. "Ugh!" she grunted looking down at her almost bare body. Her legs made a 360 and headed back to her room. Three consecutive rings were heard and she grunted in frustration.

"Coming!" she shouted.

There was no way she could find something to wear that quickly. Her hands shuffled for her towel and she wrapped herself in it and headed back towards the door. Her hands smoothed her wild hair before opening it.

Grey eyes scanned her from head to toe. Dimitri cocked his head to the right and brushed his thumb finger over his lower lip.

"Sorry I'm late. I got caught up finishing some of the documents and cleaning and-"

"You're not late" he responded.

"Ohh. So why are you-"

"Here?" he finished her sentence. "Am I not invited to come see you?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Um no, definitely not."

"Good answer" he smiled then pushed his way past her to enter the door.

Valarie looked at him in amusement. "What in the world. You can't just walk in someone's house like that without being invited."

"I can."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can. I just did."

She paused to absorb the reality of his statement. Her eyes narrowed on him and she scrunched her nose.

"What do you want?"

"I came to pick you up."

"An hour early?"

"Yes, problem?"

"Sort of yes."

"Why?"

"I am not ready."

His eyes scanned her again "Yes clearly" he commented and smiled.

Her cheeks warmed instantly and she suddenly felt exposed. Valarie tightened her grip around her towel and cleared her throat.

"Well I better go get ready. Don't touch anything, don't go looking for anything. Just stay here and don't move" she instructed.

Of course he would never take such instructions from a woman. As soon as she went out of sight, he started cruising around the room, exploring the space.

Valarie sat on the bed and mentally slapped herself for letting him see her like that. She placed her palms over her cheeks in an attempt to cool them. There was not much time to loath. She needed to find something to wear and quick.

Her eyes fell on a black and silver dress on the rack directly in front of her. She looked at it skeptically and opted for trying it on. The stretchy fabric clung to her skin revealing the smooth edges of her curves. She slipped her feet into her pair of black heels and modelled to the mirror to fix her hair.