Chapter 9

Valarie was only on the second design when her brain totally blacked out. She just couldn't think so opted for something much less taxing. What better than to bask in the comfort of the empty, quiet room and indulge herself in a good book? She took her laptop out and logged into Wattpad in search of one. She propped her feet up on the love sofa and reclined in the cloud of comfort.

Like a car filled to its brim with gas, he felt renewed, ready to rev and take off into the wind. Dimitri smirked as Adrianna slipped her number into his pocket. Surely, he was looking forward to seeing her again. His eyes glowed darkly as her hips swayed dangerously as she walked away. He dreaded leaving the fun to rest for the time but work stood boldly in the middle of the two.

With his chest held high, he spun around on the balls of his feet and walked through the large glass doors. Tension oozed from his pores as he thought about the amount of work that should have been completed by now. It would surely cut the load off of the coming days and he would have more time on his hand to fully compose himself.

The door clicked open and it was as if her heart was clipped out of its place and thrusted violently upwards into the walls of her throat. Valarie reflexively pushed her laptop out of her lap and sat up. She scrambled for her sketchbook and hurriedly open it. Time unfortunately, was against her. He'd caught a glimpse of her movements before she'd settle.

His forehead creased and his eyes narrowed as he walked into the room. Valarie swallowed the lump in her throat and fidgeted. She glimpsed up at the clock above. Three hours had gone. Three hours and she still hadn't completed the designs. She mentally slapped herself for losing track of time and being so irresponsible. She cleared her throat and pretended to put her sketch to paper.

"Okay let me see the five designs now" Dimitri ordered.

Valarie paused "Umm..."

"Umm? I told you to complete five designs for when I get back and now I'm back so let me see then now."

"They aren't finished. I only did two of them."

"Excuse me?" his eyes grew deadly. "I said I wanted them done. What the hell were you doing all this time?"

Her eyes subconsciously averted to her laptop then back to him. Dimitri narrowed his eyes and approached her. "I. Said. What. The. Hell. Were. You. Doing?"

His tone was like a deadly venom paralyzing her as it coursed through her veins. For the first time she noticed how intimidating his stormy eyes were. How masculine and authoritative his features stood. Maybe it was because this time she was the one that was at fault.

Dimitri folded his arms and cocked his head slightly to the right. "What were you doing on your laptop?"

"Nothing" she lied.

"Look I am not keen on repeating myself and you are clearly starting to make this a habit of me. I will spare you only once and ask one more time. What were you doing on your laptop?"

"Umm..."

His patience was growing thin and he could stand to wait for an answer no more. With a movement swifter than she could process, his hand reached across her and picked her laptop up. Adrenaline pumped through her body in mass flow as he spun the laptop around to watch the screen.

His eyebrows knitted further as he obserevd. When he finally looked up at her through his long lashes, it was like a fire had already ignited in his eyes.

"Wattpad? Really, Wattpad?" he questioned.

"Um, yes. I was working on the designs and I got bored so I um decided to go read a story."