Chapter 7

Dimitri pulled out his phone and called the main office at accounts. "Mr. Osbourne" a woman spoke kindly into the phone.

"Get me Rebecca. Tell her to come down here now."

"Okay sir but down where?" she questioned.

"In the lobby. Front of building" he snapped and clicked the end button.

He paced the floor impatiently, trying to prevent the blood from oozing out of his pores. His mind worked unceasingly. "Who could have possibly done this?"

Rebecca trotted towards him, the look of concern clear on her face. "What's wrong" she questioned as she approached.

Dimitri handed her the note and shifted aside so that she could see the car. Her eyes flung open in horror. "Who the hell did this?"

"I don't know, you tell me" he said. "Clearly the warning concerns you."

"What makes you so sure that it's about me?"

"Because you are the only woman I have been out with lately. Are you absolutely sure that you're not dating anyone else?"

She gripped onto his arm and found his eyes. "Hey, hey there is no one. I really don't know who did this."

His biceps felt like bone against her skin. His breathing was sound, like a monster brewing beneath.

"Let's just go back inside. I'm sure someone is probably just trying to prank you. Come on relax" she pressed harder onto his muscles.

The lids brought darkness to the two grey tunnels for a few seconds before reopening. Dimitri exhaled a slow steady breath.

"Find who did this!" he scolded the main guard and proceeded inside.

Rebecca rested her arm around his waist and followed after him. It was a silent ride up the elevator. She stopped him when he was just in front of her office. "Hey, don't worry about it okay. It was probably some jerk. Have lunch with me today at the café downstairs?"

Rage formed a sticky goo in his mouth and he couldn't find himself to speak. He nodded and disappeared behind the door. Valarie stood on alert as he entered. He emptied his pockets, slid the items across the table and paced the floor of the room.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Valarie questioned but he didn't respond. She gritted her teeth in annoyance. "Look if this has to do anything with your relationship I suggest you stop keeping your mouth shut. If this is ever going to work out, I need to know."

His eyes rose to meet hers "I don't know if it relates or not. I think it does but she thinks otherwise. Some asshole left a little note for me warning me not to go around his chick. She is the only bitch I've been with lately so I can't see how this could not relate to her but she is positive that there's no one around who could do this so I don't know what to believe. We're going for lunch again today."

Her neat eyebrows knitted. "What! Did you find who did it? This better be just some stupid misunderstanding. Well I guess we'll see where this date goes then."

Rebecca retrieved her phone from her purse and practically ran to the washroom. She dialed in a number and awaited an answer.

"Hey babe" a voice sung into the phone.

"Don't babe me. I told you to stay away."

"Why push me away when you know you still want me?"

"I don't want you Derek. You left me. Go away and stay out of my life!"

"That's not what you said last week. Now some big shot picks you up and you're pretending that you don't want me? I told you I left you so that you would get some time to have some fun. I figured you would have gotten bored of me since we started off so early but playtime is over. He can't have you and besides, you know you want me."