Chapter 15: I ain't STUPID

Just for reference  I haven't been home for over a month so YES IT FEELS FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC TO BE BACK.

XOXO

             ~ M

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry, I really am." Sierra said as she hugged me one last time. "I wish I'd been the one to tell you everything. I promise we'll talk again  as soon as I arrive." She smiled sadly one last time before she left.

I felt relived somehow, she'd arrived as herself and left as someone I'd never known.

I sprung up and gasped. It had only been a dream, but then again it hadn't been. Sierra was gone and I was alone, again. Which means she really had runaway.

I crawled out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom. After splashing some cold water on my face I looked at myself in the mirror long and hard. "You're okay." Although I'd said it, it felt like I was lying to myself. "I'm okay, I'm fine."

I shook my head and backed up until I made contact with the wall and slowly slid to the floor with my hands in my hair. "You're not fine. You're not okay. You've changed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ring-Ring-Ring      Ring-Ring-Ring

As my phone went off I mumbled groggily and reached for it, only to knock it only to floor. 

"Fantastic." I announced sarcastically.

"I couldn't agree more." His voice was raspy and dry.

"Hello Daddy." I said suddenly feeling unpleasant. "I'm so glad to see you." Sarcasm took over my voice again.  Before he could talk I pulled the covers over my head and searched for my half empty bottle of vodka.

"Nope, you told me not to let you do that!" He said as he ripped it from my grasp.

"Hey! What's the big deal?!" I jumped out of bed and yelled at him. "I'm having a VERY VERY BAD WEEK! If anyone needs a distraction, it's me! So either give me the bottle or i'll slam you into next week!" Anger was all I could feel anymore, so I started taking it out on people.

"I have an even better distraction!" He grinned a deeply disturbing Cheshire grin.

"Ah, yeah. Like what?" I said as I crossed my arms.

"That little friend of yours.........Vinny? Fince? Ver-"

"Vince. His. Name. Is. Vince!" I said irritably. "What about him?"

"His family's hosting their annual charity event this Sunday,  correct?"  His smile suddenly grew wider.

"Yeah, I was invited to it...." I furrowed my brow and twiddled my fingers. "What are you getting at here?"

"Oh, ya know Cupcake. I just thought.... oh nothing you'd never go along with it. You're too stubborn." He turned around and then I was certain he was messing with me.

"I 'ain't stupid. But I sure as hell am interested."  My mind seemed to changed in that moment, as if betraying me.

He chuckled darkly and turned back to face me. "And now young one, you're ready for your first 'distraction'."