Chapter 38: Too Soon

Sierra tore through the rack of dresses currently taking up half my closet, she accepted that they weren't what she wanted, but that they also weren't absolutely awful.

"We should call Damian, he should know ASAP" Sierra reminded me, after finally being satisfied with planning a wedding.

"About Vince or about the wedding dress you ripped?" I asked pretending that it wasn't as big of a deal as I absolutely knew it was. Obviously she noticed and gave me the most annoyed look I'd ever seen before, other than when I spilt red Kool-Aid on my aunts favorite blue sweater. "Sierra, I don't know what to say. If the blood test is done like Vince wants it to, then this whole thing is going to turn into some huge scandal. As if my life wasn't already dramatized enough by the public."

Sierra puts her hand on my shoulder and quietly responds,"I already texted him while you were getting frosting out of the twins hair. He's coming home for lunch, and we will tell him together." I wanted to slap her for doing this behind my back, but I also knew she was right. So I didn't hit her.

We went down to the kitchen and waited, very soon after, Damien was home. As soon as I heard the front door close I began hysterically crying. I don't remember when I stopped, but we all talked. It was the most quiet conversation I've ever had. We had a plan and all we had to do was make it work. Easier said than done. I knew that within the next few days we'd be hearing from a lawyer. We acted like everything was normal, we tucked the twins in and said goodnight. We were both having an adrenaline rush and were unsure of what to do. So we did the only thing that could take our minds off of things, well not the only thing... but the most fun option.

~This chapter was short af but I've been dealing with graduation stuff and prom stuff and I'm so tired. I ordered a dress and already forgot what it looks like and I need to send out invites for my grad party. So I apologize for the lateness, but I'll have a few updates. They might be short, or they might be long. Who knows at this point.~