Chapter 25: Shower

"A BABY SHOWER?!" Apparently Sierra hadn't noticed I don't deal well with surprises, especially the ones that involved my family, because she practically threw them at me. "Please just make them all leave." Why did I get blessed with the most stubborn Wayne of them all?

"Come on! My mom's here, you like my mom! And your siblings... or cousins are here too!" She was way too obviously up to something.

"What did you do?" I asked suspiciously.

She sighed and gave in. "Alright, just promise not to be mad. In any way possible, don't be mad."

"Just tell me. Now."

"He likes kids. Damian I mean, but he's not married-" Oh was I about ready to go all american psycho on her ass, but I'm nice.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I really think he's over the whole pregnant thing! He showed up and that means something." Fine, I forgave her. She made me forgive her. "Just go in there and see how things go. Besides, when was the last time you saw your family?"

"Oh shit. My aunt and Whitney found out from Marcus and are only seeing me because of you. They're going to be so mad."

"Lucy, just go in there."

"Fine." I said as I put on the most convincing fake smile I could and entered the living room. "Hello!" Well Whitney was noticeably pissed, Sierra's mom was ecstatic, and Damian was zoned out. My first priority was my family.

"Whitney, I'm really sorry. But if its any consolation to you Marcus only found out because he ripped my pregnancy tests out of the bag." Whitney rolled her eyes.

"That's not why I'm completely mad, Its just..." She crossed her arms in annoyance. "you bought all the baby stuff without me."

"WHITNEY!" I exclaimed loudly. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I said as I elbowed her. She laughed at my reaction, and then we continued to catch up. But soon I was hungry, again. Correction, the babies were hungry. All the time. So I went to the kitchen for my Doritos and peanut butter. It's not as gross as it sounds, I swear! Unless that's just a weird pregnancy thing...

When I entered the kitchen I was surprised to see the one, and the only Damian Wayne loading up a plate of food. "Hey. How are you doing after all of this..." He looked at me and responded, obviously trying not to make things awkward. "I've been good, I actually got a promotion." That's when a real smile appeared on my face, even though nothing great had happened for me, I was happy for him. But in a moment the only thing on my mind was, Shit, I'm falling for him. Before the conversation could end, from me leaving of course, he started talking again.

"So what are you having?" He asked with genuine curiosity. I grinned and looked down at my belly and then back up at him. "Twins, twin girls." That's when he smiled the same way I had, only a few seconds ago. Which meant that we were both falling hard for each other. Which also meant we both had god awful timing when it came to everything, but of course there are so many more of those times to come in the very near future.

"Oh my god!" I said with one hand on my stomach, and the other holding onto the kitchen counter, I felt liquid running down my legs. "My water just broke!"

"What!? Really?" His eyes grew wide in panic.

"Yeah, help me you idiot!"

And on the day of my family and the Wayne family rushed to the hospital to welcome one of lifes most beautiful miracles.

Also known as one of the most painful miracles.