Chapter 16: All In Good Fun

The dress Lucy's wearing is above. Enjoy & feel free to comment, Vote, and continue to read if you'd like. :)

XOXO

~M
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday - 6:00 P.M.

"Shit!"  I said accidentally poking myself in the eye with my mascara wand.
Never had I ever been this incredibly nervous. Then again never had I ever planned to steal 6.8 million dollars from a charity fund. A charity fund belonging to my adoring boyfriends family.

"Hey, Luce! Are you almost ready?" Whitney said while entering my room. "Oh, Jesus. You aren't even dressed yet." The irritation in her voice made me involuntarily roll my eyes. b

After using a Q-tip to clean off the mascara I responded. "Give me ten more minutes."

"Fine, but only ten. You know I hate being late."

"You know I'm the one who invited you? Right?" I turned around to face Whitney and grinned. "Stop worrying so much and just focus on having fun tonight. Who knows? Maybe you'll meet some hottie at the Dennis Manor."

She simply raised a brow, shook her head, and left the room.

After closing the door behind her I quickly ran into my closet to change into my dress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 Minutes Later - (A.K.A. Random part i wrote at 2 A.M.)

"Lucy!" Whitney yelled for the fifteenth time, I swear to God I counted.

"I'm right here." I responded as sweetly as possible while also trying not to trip down the stairs.

"Wow, you look......." Suddenly I noticed the now at a loss for words Vince.

"I look?" Making my way down the stairs I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You look perfect." He whispered in my ear. "Now then, shall we head out."

And so then the games began.

~At The Dennis Charity Ball~

Arriving at the Charity ball I immediately was pulled aside along with Vince to greet guests. Although after a few minutes of speaking to the elite I saw something familiar to me.

Curious of who I could know at an event like this, I whispered to Vince. "Who's that?"

"Ah, that would be Bruce Wayne. He's a major sponsor to our charitable events." He then gave me an off sideways glance and spoke to me in a peculiar voice. "Why?"

"Its nothing, I'm going to mingle for awhile on my own." I said before kissing him on the cheek and rushing off.

While rushing through the crowded room, someone had caught my arm and stopped me.

"Huh?!" I exclaimed while spinning around to face them. "O-oh, Bruce.... Wayne? Right?"

"Yes, I've been anticipating meeting you Miss Quinzel." He gave me a look, as if knowing something I didn't.

"Well, well. You're the only person to actually know who I am tonight." I watched him carefully as I spoke, in search of anything suspicious.

"I knew your mother quite well, so naturally I felt the need to check up on you." He spoke in a cautiously.

"Oh." I tried to act calm. "Well sh-she was... Well if I remembered her well enough I might say she was a wonderful mother, but since you knew her, you know that'd be a lie."

"She did what was best." He tried to find more to say but couldn't seem to find anything.

"Sorry to cut this short, but I need to go. It was nice speaking with you Mr. Wayne." And with that I walked away.

*Ring-Ring*

"Hello?"

"Lucy? I need you to start the distraction. Something that'll get you into the upper floor. And hurry"

"I'm on it." I grinned lightly. Tonight was the night.

Gottah' find Vince!

"Lucy! Over here." I heard Vince say from behind me.

"Oh, hey! Ummm, can we talk somewhere?" I paused for a moment and bit my lip. "You know, Private" I whispered.