Chapter 24: Are You Scared?

"Sooooooooo, what about names?" Sierra asked as we looked at cribs in Baby's R Us. "Are you going to do the whole lame rhyming names or start with the same letters shit? I feel like that's something you'd with all of your kids. Well, theoretical kids." Sierra stopped talking and began playing with the material in a bayonet.

"It's not lame! I think it's kinda cute." Sierra rolled her eyes. "It is cute!"

"Just tell me the names and stop being defensive over dumb things."

"I want it to be a secret." I said as I went through a rack of baby clothes.

"First of all I'm your best friend. Second, I live with you, so I'm bound to find out. And third.... your're all into my brother."

"Am not!" I said quickly, before attempting to change the subject. "I like these cradles, do you think they have any matching furniture for the nursery?"

"Rude, and yes they have more in the next aisle." Sierra pouted and we made our way to look at the other furniture. As we were browsing, Sierra randomly spoke,  " Are you scared?"

I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "I don't know. Right now I'm not, but I think the labor is going to be horrible and two babies is a lot of responsibility." I frowned. "I just try not to think about that part."

"Well I'm never going to have kids, I like my life the way it is. I'll help you with yours and them I'm out. But I'll babysit... I guess." Her rebelliousness was supposedly part of her charm, but I could see past that.

"What if you were in my situation? Then what would you do?"  I couldn't help but ask.

There was no hesitation in her response. "I'd have it, and then give it to you and Damian to raise as your own."

"Stop with the whole Damian thing, it's not gonna happen." I sighed. "You saw his face when you found out. A guy like that would never be with a girl like me, especially after a surprise like that."

"Well I'm like Damian, and we're best friends." She put her hard on my arm comfortingly. "Any thing can happen if you let it." She smiled and threw a little pillow in the cart. "Dang, That rocking chair's gonna be lit!"

"Lit?" I snorted . "Yeah, totally."

"He does ask about you, and the babies." She went over to the rubber ducks and continued to talk. "He cares, but hes scared just like you are. Except he's not about to be a parent."

"I'd be lit if he liked me, even if I am pregnant. I was a cheerleader, and now I'm buying diapers." I laughed at the thought of my giant belly as I stood on the top of the pyramid with my fellow squad members holding me up.

"Just don't give up on him. He had a rough childhood, you know what that's like. He just needs time to trust you again." By this time our cart was full and the matching cradles were ready to go. "Alright, lets get out of here. There's too many kids in here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooooo, boring, but I'm chill. So it's all good.