Chapter 23: Oh Baby Baby

Damian had dropped all of the gifted that he'd brought over and left, quite angrily I might add. At least Sierra was staying with me, and was coming to my first appointment with me. 

Although, I could've done without Sierra's enthusiasm for morning doctor's visits. 

"WAKE UP!" She yelled as she hit me with a pillow. "We're getting a god damn sonogram today! We might find out the gender! This is a big day, so we aren't going to miss it!"

"Shut. Up." I said as I rolled over to get out of bed. " You're upsetting the baby."

"Well the baby's going to be a hell of a lot more upset if you miss your appointment!" She then proceeded to lead me by the arm to my closet, and then ran to the kitchen to finish making breakfast. 

After completed our new dysfunctional morning routine, we got into our taxi and went to my appointment.

I have to admit, I was scared to see the baby, and hear the heartbeat. Also that gross stuff they put on the belly, ugh cold. And just as I'd been deep in thought about the goop, the nurse called us in.

"What if somethings wrong with it? What if birth defects run on Vincent's family? Oh. My. God. I'm like 98% certain that his parents were psychopaths, they could see into my soul, and they hated it. But babies can't be psychopaths right? Is that a thing,  can that be a thing?" Although Sierra tried  to calm me down I was thorough in scaring myself with bad thoughts. Too bad I couldn't continue because the Doctor appeared. "Oh, hi Dr. Westford!" 

"Good Morning Ms..." He paused, and took a moment to look down at my information. "Quinzel! How are you feeling today?" He smiled warmly.

"I'm feeling great! Just excited to see what it looks like. Not it her... or he." She smiled awkwardly.

"Well then lets get going." He was so enthusiastic as he began looking for the baby. It wasn't fun until he actually found what he was searching for.  "Huh..."  He stopped moving and squinted at the monitor. 

"What! What? What's wrong with it? Does it have too heads? Or no head? It's not a boy is it? Not that, that wouldn't be okay. Boys are good, it's just-" Thankfully Sierra cut me off and looked at the doctor apologetically. He smiled and we let him speak. "No, they each have one head of their own actually." That's when my jaw dropped so far that I was surprised it didn't hit the floor. 

"How many are in there?" I asked as I watched the monitor blankly.

"Why don't you listen for yourself?" 

That's when I heard their little heartbeats. Twins. I was having twins. In response my hand covered my mouth in surprise. I'd never been more happy or scared in my entire life.

Then I remembered the important question. "But they're girls right?" 

"Yes, congratulations." He said chuckling all the while.

But I didn't really notice, because I was too busy watching them movie. Everything became real. I could see their little legs, and arms, and little everything. It was the beginning of a whole new love for me.