[Tsukishima] Studying

"Still trying to cram everything into that tiny head of yours?"

The familiar voice resonating from behind shocked her, causing her to jump up in her seat. Taunting chuckles could be heard from the towering male who still stood behind her chair, casting a dim shadow over her figure when she looked over her shoulder to her blonde boyfriend.

How she wished that the blonde stereotype held true, but of course, he just had to be one of the smartest student in their level. Offering him what could be considered as a grimace, she turned her attention back to the books in front of her and continued studying for her upcoming tests.

Surprised that she didn't throw a jibe back at him, Tsukishima dragged out the chair next to her, ignoring the glares of the other students in the library when he placed his things down loudly. Teasing each other was the basis of their relationship, and it was rather worrying when she didn't give him a retort.

"Have you even started studying, or did you just start today?" He teased, picking up one of the files from the clutter of books and worksheets splayed all over the table.

Flipping through the papers binded within, he casually noted, "Wow, you're really far behind. Some of these are even wrong."

"Hm, there's actually a much easier way to solve this question. I guess you're just too blind to see it."

"Kei... please," she sighed out in exasperation, throwing her pen down onto the wooden tabletop. "Not now. If you're not going to help me then just leave."

The desperate look she shot him unnerved him more than he would care to admit, and he scooted his chair closer to her and snatched the reference notes out of her hands.

Before she could snap at him, he cut her off, "what do you not understand?"

Blinking at him with her mouth slightly agape, she told him which concepts she couldn't grasp, stuttering over words. He proceeded to guide her through the steps, smirking at the light blush rising to her cheeks at their close proximity.

"Thank you," she mumbled. A tiny crease formed between her brows and her lips pursed in concentration as she scanned through the notes he written for her again. Through he'd never say it out loud, that look was oddly endearing.

"Hah? I didn't catch that. What did you say?"

Huffing in mock annoyance, she pouted at him, much to his amusement. "Well, now that you owe me one, let's go."

"What? I still have to study! H-hey!" She tried to stop him, but the tall volleyball player easily closed her books, keeping her worksheets in their appropriate folder, shoving her stationary into her pencil case, before stuffing it all into her bag.

With her bag in tow, Tsukishima walked out of the library in large strides, ignoring the girl who was scrambling behind him, calling out his name.

"Tsukki!"

His eye twitched at that nickname and he stopped walking all of a sudden, causing the [h/c] haired girl to knock into the expanse of his back. "Tch. You know I hate it when you call me that. God you're annoying sometimes."

"It's the only way you'll respond to me, Tsukki~" she half teased, half panted. "Where are we going?"

He merely raised an eyebrow, smirking as he watched her catch her breath. "We're going to the cafe. Teaching you really takes up a lot from me."

"But I still have to study!"

Sighing deeply, he turned around to face her fully. "Okay, what's up with you? You've been stuck in that library the whole day and you usually can't stand long study sessions."

Lifting her head up with his thumb and forefinger, he looked at her with uncharacteristically soft eyes. "You can't just keep studying without taking any breaks. You'll do just fine for the exams, so don't be so stupid and stress yourself out."

Clearing his throat, he broke their intense eye contact and started walking.

"...Kei," she called out softly, tugging on his sleeve.

Before he had a chance to look at her, she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face into his chest as she mumbled a thank you.

Hesitantly, he lifted his arms returned her hug, awkwardly patting her back. "Oi... People are staring at us."

Initially he was worried she was crying, until he realized that she was actually shaking with silent laughter. "Is Tsukki embarrassed?"

Rolling his eyes, he pulled her closer to his chest, resting his chin on top of her head. "No I'm not. You're just a very embarrassing person, and I have the misfortune to be your boyfriend."

This time, she let out a heartfelt laughter, disengaging herself from his embrace and held on to his hand instead, tugging him along in the direction of the cafe.

"Come on Kei~ Tomorrow you're going to help me study again, but now let's go get you your strawberry shortcake!"