[Oikawa] Surprise

Humming a soft tune, [Name] made the finishing touches to the small cake she just baked, grinning to herself when she finally completed it. She put it in the fridge and started to clean up while waiting for Oikawa to come home.

It had been Oikawa's birthday the day before, and they celebrated together with Iwaizumi and the rest of their friends. As much fun as it was, [Name] decided that she wanted to have another mini celebration with just the two of them, and since she didn't have any lectures that day, she stayed home to bake a cake for him.

She heard the front door unlock and a voice called out, "[Name]-chan~ I'm back!"

Soon enough, a familiar brunette appeared at the entrance of the kitchen and walked over to her. "Eh? You're baking? What did you make?"

"Yes I am," she hugged him in greeting before making him sit down at the kitchen counter. "And it's a surprise, so close your eyes!"

Making sure that he wasn't peeking, she took out the cake from the fridge and put it on the counter top in front of him.

"Happy birthday Tooru."

Sitting down opposite him, she watched as his gaze fell onto the decorated cake, his lips curving into a smile as he looked up towards her. "My birthday was yesterday though~"

"I know, Trashykawa." She laughed, "Shut up and just eat it."

A small pout grew on his face. "You sound like Iwa-chan when you call me that."

"Will Hajime bake you a cake?"

"If he gets to smash my face into it, maybe?"

"That's actually a very good idea," the girl mused, a smirk gracing her features.

"[Name]-chan, please don't."

~~

Reruns of old shows were playing on the television as [Name] and Oikawa lazed on the couch, his head lying on her lap as she mindlessly played with his hair. Oikawa had his eyes closed but she could tell that he wasn't asleep from the soft hums that escaped his throat as her fingers combed through his silky locks.

"[Name], you know what?" His voice was softer than usual when he spoke, and when she looked at him, silently prompting him to continue, he mumbled, "We should celebrate my birthday like this again next year.

"Just the two of us."