[Terushima] Reservations

"I still can't believe you..."

"Hey! I thought you said you'd forgive me!"

Glancing up at Terushima, you smirked at his hesitant expression before focusing your attention back on your burger. "Just because I said 'it's okay' doesn't mean I forgive you, Yuuji."

The pout on his face made you laugh; a hearty laughter that caused passersby to turn around. Both of you must have looked quite odd, sitting there on a park bench dressed to the nines while sharing a big bag of junk food during Valentines Day.

A shiver raked your body when a cold breeze came by, and Terushima took off his blazer, putting it on your shoulders. You stared at him for a while, studying him quietly as his eyes roamed the park in front while stuffing some fries into his mouth. His hair was slicked back as usual, but when he was wearing a suit he suddenly appeared so much more attractive than when he first asked you out.

"What?" He asked when his gaze finally landed on you.

"Nothing," you mused, stealing some fries from his pile. "I was just thinking how handsome you look."

A huge grin effortlessly made his way onto his features. "You look beautiful tonight, [Name]-chan."

When he gazed at you like that, you couldn't help but blush. Terushima was known for his frivolous ways, but whenever you were alone with him, all the warning signs faded away and you were free to immerse yourself in his presence.

"I'm really sorry, you know." His voice was quiet as he sunk down on the bench; his legs stretched out onto the pavement. "I wanted to make today really fun for you so you won't ever forget this Valentines."

"I highly doubt I'll forget an occasion when I get dressed up for a date only for the restaurant staff to tell us that we don't have a reservation."

"Urgh... I didn't think we needed one..."

Poking him on his arm, you smiled when he turned to look at you. "It's okay, Yuuji.

"Even though I went to the extent of doing my hair and makeup and everything," you giggled when he sighed, before continuing, "I'm still really enjoying myself when I'm with you. It doesn't matter if we're eating in a five star restaurant or eating fast food on a park bench; as long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

A moment passed in silence as he stared at you before he whispered your name, leaning over to press his lips against yours in a chaste kiss.

"I'll make it up to you next year. I won't mess up again."

"Next year?" You frowned. "What if we don't... last till then?"

Terushima froze and you bit your lip, mentally berating yourself for being so blunt. You had just showed him how insecure you were about your relationship with him, and what if-

Another kiss from him made your mind go blank.

"We will," he mumbled, his palm cupping your cheek. "I'm not letting you go that easily, [Name]. I plan on being your Valentine for many, many years to come."

Maybe it was the way he said it with such conviction, but in that moment...

...you fell for him all over again.