[Kuroo] Stay With Me

Oh, won't you stay with me  

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love, it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

Her head was pounding when she woke up; probably from the amount of alcohol she drank the night before. Letting out a quiet sigh, she attempted to roll over when she noticed something was weighing down on her waist.

She stared blankly at the ceiling, eyes fixated on a spot where the paint was starting to peel. Events of last night flooded through her memories, and the stranger that lay beside her was proof of everything that had happened. Glancing at him again, she realized just how awfully handsome he was. His obsidian black hair was a mess, sticking out in every direction as he lay on his stomach, half his face pressed into the pillow.

His lashes casted soft shadows on his cheekbones, his breathing slow and even as he slept, unconsciously hugging her closer to his warmth. She bit her lip as her body was tugged flushed to his side. Being so close to him, she could smell the faint scent of sweat and cologne clinging to his skin.

It was strangely intoxicating.

A couple of strands of his hair fell over his eye and she reached out to push them out of his face. The man stirred when her fingers skimmed against him, and [Name] froze, afraid that he would wake up.

The groan that left his lips seemed to resonate loudly in the cheap motel room, breaking the silence that hung in the air before. His eyes fluttered open, and when his gaze fell onto her, he shot her a lazy grin.

"Morning, [Name]."

She blinked a couple of times at his casual behavior when it dawned on her that she forgot the name of the guy who she spent the night with. "Hey..."

"You forgot my name, didn't you?" he chuckled lightheartedly, shifting onto his side so that he could face her properly.

A sheepish look crossed her face as she gave him a small smile. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Lips curving up into a smirk, he leaned towards her. "It's cute how you're so meek when you're sober."

"Oh god..." Blushing furiously, she asked, "what did I do?"

He laughed, and the bed shook below them as he did so. "Don't be so tense. I'm just teasing.

"It's Kuroo, by the way. Kuroo Tetsurou."

Sighing in relief, she uttered his name under her breath. It suited him.

Their conversation died down, and she closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth that ghosted over her spine as Kuroo trailed his fingers along her back.

Hearing a rustle of the sheets, her eyes shot open when a bout of cold air hit her bare skin.

"Sorry, I thought you went back to sleep."

"You're leaving?" She whispered.

He was silent for a moment, the covers pooled at his waist as he sat on the edge of the bed, turning his back towards her. "I thought you understood that last night didn't mean anything."

"I know."

"Well, that clears things up I guess."

He moved to stand up when [Name] grabbed his hand. "Please, just stay a little longer."

Kuroo turned towards her, a disapproving frown on his visage. "[Name]..."

Upon seeing the firm look on his face, she slowly let go of him, loneliness washing over her at the thought of him leaving. She leaned back into the soft sheets, pulling the covers to her chest as she turned away.

"I'm sorry. I know there's nothing going on between us, and I'm not expecting anything from you. I just don't want to be alone anymore..."

Hearing some shuffling sounds, she tried to block them out. He's leaving. Everyone always le-

"Just a while longer."

She turned to look at him. "What?"

Having worn his boxers, Kuroo slipped back under the covers beside her. "I'll stay with you, but just for a while."

"...Why?"

"What kind of person would I be to leave after hearing you say that?" He grinned. But when he noticed the straight look on her face, his expression turned softer as he said, "I don't know what you're going through, but you're not always alone. Take it as an act of kindness or whatever. I'm not leaving you like this."

His words were painfully sincere, and it had been way too long since someone had been this nice to her. Feeling a sense of gratitude well up in her, she leant her forehead against his chest when he inched closer to her.

"Thank you."