[Kuroo] Cat Videos

You held back a laugh as you stared at your phone.

The smile that adorned your visage couldn't be concealed though. No matter how much you tried to mask it beneath a serious façade, the videos that played on the screen made you grin, filling you with mirth as you watched several kittens fumble across the display.

A particularly funny video started playing, and you almost giggled aloud.

Almost.

Relieved you didn't give yourself away; you leaned back into your seat, glancing up at your teacher to make sure that she hadn't notice that you were not paying attention in class. The immaculately dressed teacher continued writing on the board, and your eyes focused once again on your phone; back to the adorable animals in awkward situations.

Scrolling down the page, you stumbled upon a gif of a corgi and decided that it looked cute. Pressing a finger to the screen, you watched the images start to move.

This time, you couldn't help it.

Quiet laughter escaped from your lips.

But it wasn't your laughter that disrupted the lesson.

A loud chuckle came from behind.

You turned around in your seat, staring wide-eyed at the person sitting behind you. In his dishevelled glory, the culprit was hunched forward, cheek resting on his palm. From how he leaned over his table, his face was only a couple of inches away from you, and you could see the amusement in his eyes as he stared at you.

"Tetsu!"

"[Name]!" He whispers-shouted back, a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching videos with you... what else?"

"I don't remember asking you to join me, and you're too loud!"

"You're both too loud." A voice snapped from the front of the classroom.

Feeling blood drain from your face, you took a gander at the teacher. "Oh no..."

The clicks of her heels sounded loudly in the class, the entire room silent as tension filled the air when her footsteps counted down to your impending doom. Shrinking back into your chair, you took a quick peek back at Kuroo, as if he could protect you from the evil your teacher was sure to ensue onto both of you. Your boyfriend merely shot you a helpless look, having the cheek to sneak in a small grin despite the situation.

"Kuroo, [Name], you wouldn't happen to be using your phones in class, would you?"

"Sorry, sensei," you apologised immediately, hoping that she'd let this go.

"I really expected better from you, [Name]."

Her exasperated sigh made you flinch. She'd definitely have a bad impression of you now.

"We won't do it again, sensei."

Kuroo's voice tore her disappointed gaze away from you and onto himself, where the teacher was visibly less surprised from the lack of attention he paid in class.

"Both of you... Detention today after school."

"Shit."

A few snickers could be heard from your classmates at the slip of Kuroo's tongue. And you had to resist the strong urge to hit him upside his head when the middle aged woman said, more harshly this time,

"Detention, today and tomorrow."