[Kuroo] Summer Rain

You were more than

just a fleeting summer rain.

You gave me the entire horizon,

and painted a beautiful rainbow

after the turbulent storm

You never wanted to question the relationship you had with Kuroo. It was the kind of relationship that just happens; when all of a sudden everything is dark, and you can only hope that he will catch you when you fall.

It was raining heavily the first time you met him.

Grey clouds gathered in the sky, raindrops fell onto the pavement, creating the perfect atmosphere for a nice nap; which was precisely why you were late on your first day of college. Even when you held an umbrella, the wind made sure to blow your way, effectively drenching your side as you ran to class. A quick glance to your watch showed that you were already fifteen minutes late, and from the rumors you heard during orientation, the professor conducting that particular lesson you were late for was not one who dealt well with tardiness.

With a small push, you opened the door of the lecture hall slightly, peeking into the large room. Aside from a couple of low murmurs here and there, the only other sound coming from the room was the monotonous droning voice of the lecturer. From the small opening you were spying from, you saw a seat right in front of the door, which was thankfully unoccupied.

When the lecturer was looking down at the computer, you quickly slipped into the room as quietly as possible before sliding down into the seat you saw earlier, all in record time.

You let out a huge sigh of relief when you saw that the lecturer hadn't seem to notice you enter, and started to pull out the materials for class. A short chuckle could be heard from beside you, and from the corner of your eye, you saw a guy with black hair smirking at you as he twirled his pen.

Trying to be polite, you whispered, "Sorry, I hope this seat wasn't taken."

"It wasn't."

Biting your lip, you turned back to the front, not knowing what to say to that. You slid lower into the seat, praying that the lecturer wouldn't notice your sudden appearance when he gotten his slides in order and started talking again. But of course, things just never went your way.

"You there, at the back. Have you always been sitting there?"

You froze as the lecturer pointed towards you, causing heads to turn. Feeling your cheeks pale, you opened your mouth to apologize but before you could say a word, a deep voice came from beside you, "Yes sir, she was here since beginning of class."

The old lecturer obviously didn't believe the guy's words with the scrutinizing glare he shot in their direction. "Really?"

"Yes, really."

At his bold statement, a couple of snickers erupted from all around the room.

"I am old but I am not blind, Kuroo. In the future please let your friend there speak up for herself. And you, young lady," he stared directly into your eyes, "I take punctuality very seriously here."

Nodding mutely, you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding when he began an overview of the topics to be covered that semester.

"That didn't go as expected." The guy beside you noted casually.