What really happened that time Ezra was late for Jedi training

Hey guys! Hope you like my first sabezra fic and fingers crossed that it's okay! I'll keep adding on new fics and tell me your ideas a.s.a.p! I need all the ones I can get! Enjoy...
___________________
"Where are we going?" Sabine asked as Ezra dragged her away from the ghost, laughing.
"You'll see. Trust me, this is going to be good. But you can't tell ANYONE. It's mine and Zeb's secret, okay? If Hera found out she'd whip my butt so hard I'd be on the other side of the galaxy by now!" He exclaimed.
Sabine shook her head but couldn't contain her smile.
"Well, as long as it's fun, I'm in!"
Ezra grinned. He knew she would agree. And this would definitely boost him a few levels to sub-zero in her eyes... But he wouldn't tell her that. Play it cool, Ezra. Play. It. Cool.
Unfortunately, 'cool' and 'Ezra' didn't seem to match, but who cared? Sabine seemed to be smiling a lot more around him these days, and if it went slowly then what the heck? He'd go with it. I mean, it wasn't as if he was in LOVE with her or anything, right? Nah, it couldn't be. Ezra didn't do 'love'.
But there was something about her that made him trip over on purpose to see her chuckle, to have playful banter with her and annoy her just for the fun of it, and the fact that they could have silent conversations simply by looking at each other and grinning. Sometimes he even felt a tug at his stomach when they did that. Okay, so maybe he didn't know what being in love was yet. But he felt something along those lines.
He made her laugh, and that was what he cared about. So that was his mission. Make her laugh. Be a Jedi. Become the most epic rebel ever. Yeah, things were looking up.
Training with Kanan could wait.
"Ezra, seriously. We're in the middle of a field out of nowhere. What could you possibly be..... oh. Oh!"
Ezra's grin spread even wider as Sabine took one look at the tie and gasped in shock.
"Told you it'd be good." He said, watching her reaction.
She was speechless.
"Ezra... You kept the tie?" Suddenly he felt a little nervous.
"It was too much of a waste to destroy. Besides, I was hoping that you'd want to... um... paint it?"
In response, Sabine laughed and grabbed him in excitement, making them both go red.
"Are you serious? THIS IS SO COOL! Oh man, how did you even hide this from Hera! This is a massive bite taken out of the empire in my standards! We have to go paint it!"
They raced towards the tie, and Ezra felt very, very smug indeed. And as Sabine brought out her spray paints giddily, a wash of excitement and... something else came over him. Something good. It made him feel warm, a gushing, steady flow of feeling, like comfort, and the fact that he really wasn't alone anymore. It was surreal. But it was true. He couldn't really describe this feeling, but he knew it felt right.
He sensed Sabine felt it too, maybe because of his connection to other living things, as Kanan told him was his talent, or just because of his instincts. Either way, she asked him, "How would you like to try out the sprays?"
He stared at her. It was a well known fact that while Sabine was pretty chill as far as things went, the one thing you did not touch was her art stuff. Ever.
Even Chopper didn't dare go near it, Sabine having a soft spot for him and the fact that he'd get his oily heinie thrashed before he could even squeak.
But she seemed pretty sincere, as she said then, "But, I'm warning you: you trash 'em, I spill the beans. Got it?"
He saluted her, saying, "Sir yes sir! I mean, ma'am. I mean, miss. I mean - " His teasing was cut short by a playful shove, which he returned with a "Hey!"
They set to work, Sabine getting more and more psyched up as she explained how everything worked and they started coming up with ideas, finally working the sprays onto the tie.
And it looked fantastic! Art had always been a joke thing for him, and he'd always liked it, but Sabine showed him the beauty of it in the simplest things. He wasn't thinking about anything else, so focused was he, until the Suns started to set and he realised, "Carabast! I've got Jedi training with Kanan!"
And darn it, he realised he had had a load of fun with Sabine, more than ever before.
She looked up, and was she.... wistful?
"I tell you what. Meet me here tomorrow morning and we could finish this off. Got that, great Jedi knight?" She asked, teasingly.
It was at this moment that he knew that this wasn't just the one moment, and he grinned cockily.
"You mean MASTER Jedi, right! See ya back on the ghost, and tomorrow!"
He raced off, with her calling after him, "Don't be late, laser brain!"
Sabine didn't finish spray painting it, as much as she hated to see her vision go incomplete. But a part of her wanted to wait for Ezra, and, she had to face it, she did enjoy today.
The kid was proving to her to be not so much of a kid anymore - more like someone her own age, and Sabine hadn't had that in a long time. Sure, he could be cheeky, annoying and cocky but at the same time pretty hilarious both intentionally and otherwise!
After what happened to Tseebo and finding out about his parents, he could use a little laughter. And so could she.
Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing having him around. She pretty much accepted him as one of the family as soon as he came aboard, but was last one to trust him with anything. And now, she got to know him more and more, especially after he asked her to paint his helmets for him, which was kinda cute. And though sometimes she couldn't stand him, he really was a good hearted person, someone she could rely on and someone who would have her back, as he'd promised. Yeah, things were looking up, and it wasn't just the tie!