I 'Snark' You

Idek know what this is except that it's the *deep breath* SEQUEL TO CHOPPER CAM!! Since y'all suggested it, it gave me some more cannon fodder so thank you!!! Ezra is back, but Sabine knows the truth now, and she doesn't know how to let him know that she feels the same way... Enjoy!

Ezra was back. He was safe, Kanan was safe, alive and well. They quickly settled back into the rhythm of things with the Rebellion and the crew - so nothing had changed! Except, well, just about everything.

Because Sabine now knew. She knew that he felt even more deeply than she'd realised for her, and even more so she had come to terms with the fact that she was starting to feel the same way. And boy, she had it bad.

Now every time he turned a corner and flashed that smile her heart jumped, and she smiled confusedly back, her stomach fluttering.
She felt heat rise up her neck whenever she saw him train with Kanan or use the force and Chopper tittered smugly. Chopper was the biggest pain in all of this. He made sure she noticed when Ezra gazed at her or made a joke directed at her, and it was infuriating.

Ezra's jokes, his smile, his laugh, the way his hair flew in the breeze and everything about him that made her want to either punch him or kiss him. Oh, come on, did she actually think that? She tried to hide it as best she could. But she wasn't sure how long she could keep the act up.
Unfortunately for her, Ezra caught wind of it as soon as they had their first proper conversation.

"So, did you miss me or did ya miss me?" He asked, taking up his usual residence on the door frame. She jumped, startled, and he raised his brows. This was new.

"What's that supposed to mean? Either I missed you or I didn't. Which one do you think it is?"

He flashed that maddening grin of his, which rubbed her up the wrong way now that she knew what it meant both ways.
He propped his head up with an elbow on the door.
"I think that clearly, you missed me. Well, I'm right here now Wren, so you can claim this ish for yourself and be happy."

She huffed, rolling her eyes and looking away as she said, "You're still not funny, Bridger."
He cocked an eyebrow. Since when had she ever acted like this? He sensed tension and anxiousness around her.
"I so am funny!" He replied indignantly. "And you know it. Besides, what's up with you today? You seen kind of... jittery."
Ack, Sabine thought, and she shrugged. Curse him and his Force sense! He could always spot those little details about her. When they met Ketsu, on a day to day basis - he was too observant.

Suddenly his eyes lit up like a bulb, remembering something.
"Oh! Brough you back something, by the way."
She was perplexed. "Really?"
He raised a hand. "Hold up for one sec."
He sprinted to his room and she recollected her thoughts. Approximately ten filthy Mando'a cusses were swirling around in her head right now amid her feelings. How could she tell him? How could she reassure him that she knew and that she felt the same way? She's practiced this reunion a hundred times over in her head while he was gone, and all of it seemed to fly out of her head as soon as he got near her.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Ezra got back, data file and headphones in hands. He said, "Listen to this," and plugged in his own pair. He watched Sabine as she recognised the song, her eyes wide and the corners of her mouth uplifted in a smile. It was a very old song, sung by the Bith Brothers and full of spirit. She loved it, tapping her feet and swaying to the rhythm, and Ezra joined in, creating some ridiculous moves of his own: gyrating his hips, pushing his nose and waving down to the ground. She couldn't help it. She belly-laughed, and he raised his voice through the song, "See? I am funny!"
She shook her head, in fits of laughter. It was impossible to feel awkward for too long around him in moments like these. Here he was just too easy to be around. They grabbed each other's hands and swirled each other crazily, and then when Ezra stepped in her feet accidentally she poked her tongue out and trod on his. It was clumsy, messy and completely uncoordinated, but it was made of raw, untainted joy that couldn't be stopped.

As the song began to end he tripped over his feet and fell (surprise, surprise), dizzy from all the spinning, went "Woah!!" and collapsed with laughter, pulling her with him. The song ended, their headphones off, and they stared into each other's eyes, Sabine on top of him.
She went red from her head to her toes, and expected Ezra to make a snarky comment. When he did, however, she was touched by the amount of softness that lay in his eyes, and the way he blushed as he said, "Huh. Maybe tripping did come in useful this time."

She raised her head. Half of her was screaming, "Flirt back!" and the other half, "TELL HIM THE TRUTH!" She decided to settle for the first half (though she didn't know how to flirt properly) and see where it went.
"Maybe it did," she replied, trying to keep her voice steady. The surprise was evident in his face, and then his fingers moved, as of the Force flowed between them - which it probably did. He breathed in. Breathed out.

He started slowly. "Sabine - remember when you asked if I ever meant what I say?" Her heart was a humming bird knocking wood at a thousand times per second. She nodded, shame burning at her because she knew what he really felt. He continued, "Well, you should know that... When I was in the cave - the Force cave, I mean - and I had to anchor onto something to keep the dark side at bay I, um, -" he paused, and she couldn't breathe.
"The thing that kept me together was, was you. To know that I had you, and your smile, to come back to. Maybe it won't affect you, but I mean it. One hundred percent, all the way I mean it."

Sabine bit her lip, frazzled. She wondered how she would have reacted had she not known. Their faces were so close, she didn't know what to say.
"Ezra, I - l-"
She was cut off by the alarm sounding, ripping through the moment, and the two of them jumped up. She slammed herself against her mind's wall. Why did all the forces keep jumping between them? All she knew was that the truth had to come out somehow. And when it did, it would set her free.

Dun-dun-duuuuuuun!!! Oh noooo! I guess I'll have to make a third parter now. Just you wait till you get a load of next week! In the meanwhile, have a read of this while hiatus drags on and be very prepared, because y'all are not expecting what's coming! (and may I say I've been looking forward to writing this since last year. I am terrible at time management.)
That's all for now, folks!