Fireflies Intertwined

Hey hey hey! I'm back, having crawled out from under the rock of exams, and I am starting the on the side AU fics! This one is set if the rebels arrive at Yavin 4- and yes, this will be a different take on what happens in the show. I wrote this waaay before the end of Season 3, so don't kill me. It is so un-canonical that the die hard fans will want to hunt me down for sacrilege - what the hell are these rebel scum doing having a good time on the brink of war?!?! (Don't ask me, it was Ezra's idea). Anyway. It's just pure fluff to pass the time while Sabine is away and for season 4 to start - in this one Ezra and Sabine are together. And guys it's the FINAL SEASON 😭😭😭😭 So hope you enjoy this, and lets get going!

Yavin 4 was a completely new experience for the Ghost crew. Well, maybe not Kanan, having been to Kashyyk in the Clone Wars, or Hera having lived on Ryloth. But to see the lush emerald trees towering above them as they landed, the base full of chattering drouds and X-Wings taking off - Ezra, Sabine and Zeb were blown away by it all. There was work to be done, but they were only visiting by invitation of Senator Mon Mothma, for now. And the first thing Ezra wanted to do, of course, was explore the forest.

"Look, 'Bine - I'm a loth-bat!" he yelled as he hung by his legs, completely upside down, on the reddish branch of a particularly large tree. She scrunched up her brows together as she shook her head up at him as he swung, grinning like an idiot.

"You really should come join me up here - there's some great views!" Ezra exclaimed, and wobbled slightly.

"Uh, I would; but I think I need to stay down here to catch you before you break something."

He scoffed, and wobbled around some more. "Ha! I'd like to see you try. Watch me swing!"

The Jedi swung forward, and gaining momentum, flipped onto the next branch; successfully landing and swinging upright. That is, until he lost his balance and fell down a few branches before using the Force to steady himself and propel him into a bush.

Sabine scooted over to him, hands on hips. "Y'know, I'm feeling a little deja vu right about now."

He winced, leaves in his hair and dirt smudged across his face as he remembered all too well his many show-off moments and their end result.

Ezra shot her a pained little smile. "Nailed it," he croaked. The Mandalorian pulled him up, brushing the leaves off and patting his shoulder.

"Well - you made a very convincing Loth-Bat."

He grinned. "You bet your butt I did. So, where to now, Tour Guide."

She scratched her imaginary beard and he burst out laughing. "Hmmm. How 'bout we check out the new base some more?"

For once, he looked perfectly content. "Lead the way, milady."

The base was all hustle and bustle, slowly picking up the pace of activity even as they wandered around. Half an hour later, they bumped into Wedge, fully geared up and beaming. "Sabine, Ezra! You made it!"

They ran up to him, and exchanged greetings, Ezra particularly admiring his helmet - "Man, I gotta get me one of those!" while Sabine informed Wedge that Ezra's collection was purely Imperial so far.

Wedge gave them a guided tour of the shining new ships that practically begged to be given a paint job - according to the Ghost's  resident artist - the artillery, which Zeb pointed out had a lack of good long range bow-rifles - and meeting rooms, which they all agreed they had had enough of.

As the evening approached, they decided to go with Zeb and Chopper to explore the planet further. Chopper took pictures as they strolled along the blanket of moss and damp soil, spread out towards the vast mass of trees, and Ezra jumped on top of a huge boulder, helping Sabine up.