Helmet Thief

Whaddup, people! Yes, I'm back again with the white vans (that meme though) and YAAAY another fun one before we get to the suffering and realised feelings of the next few fics (SPOILER!!SPOILER!!)
Yes, just a teaser of what is to come... In the meantime, because I wanted to write in how Ezra has a helmet fetish, have some Ezra and Sabine stealing each other's helmets - very dangerous considering she is a MANDALORIAN and you do not steal their helmets. Ever. But does Ezra know that? Nope! And will he listen? Never! So read on, and tell me what you think. Enjoy!

"Zeb!" Ezra's voice rang out in annoyance. The big Lasat's head popped in. "What is it, kid?"
Ezra was tearing through his helmet collection, aggravated.
"I-can't-find-my-helmet!" he yelled as he burrowed through the piles of trooper helms. Zeb raised a fluffy eyebrow and tried to hide a grin. "Which one?" he said, trying not to laugh. Ezra glared at him. He wasn't in a good mood. First Chopper spilled caf down his shirt, and now just when he needed his plain cadet helmet (not his favourite, the one Sabine painted for him) it was missing! And he was sure he had a spare. He made a mental note to restock.
"The plain one! The one I used when we had to get ships from the kriffing princess - agh!" he yelled as he caught his finger.
"Unless..." he paused and narrowed his eyes at the Lasat, who was scratching his head sheepishly.
"Zeb, do you know where my helmet is?"he asked accusingly. The big guy coughed and grinned evilly.
"Nope. Why don't you ask Sabine?"
Ezra gasped as it dawned on him. He smacked his head and ran through the corridors, muttering, "She wouldn't!" as he ran to Sabine's room and found it bolted shut.
Ezra knew desperate times called for desperate measures as he banged on the door and there were no answers. So he took the risky task of infiltrating her room through the vents. Again. Besides, as he once told her when she was seriously peeved at him, that 'only he had permission to go into her room without permission', since she had long ago given up chasing around the Ghost and arguing constantly - he did unspeakable things to logic that made her have headaches afterwards for hours on end.
Sure enough, he worked his way inside Sabine's room - and there lay his prize. Not his own helmet, which was unsurprisingly unscathed, but her own, Mandalorian helmet. Oh yes, what he planned to do was his most dangerous prank yet - it was a helmet for a helmet! He was taking her helmet for ransom! Or so the thought, to get his own back. He could just steal back his usual helmet without fuss, but this was Ezra. He couldn't resist a good prank. And it was ages since he had played one.
How foolish he was. Because there was one thing every same person who didn't have a death wish knew: never ever steal a Mandalorian's helmet. And when said Mando did find her helmet gone, along with a note, she was hopping with rage.
'Want it back? Coke and get it. Your helmet for mine. No innuendo intended. Main room, one hour. I need it by tonight. UNDAMAGED AND UNPAINTED, or so help me, Sabine, your helmet will be COVERED in sauce, I don't care how stained it is. From (his worship) Ezra the Great, Champion of the Universe and Master of all things Pranking. ;)'
Sabine gnashed her teeth. Cocky, stupid, ridiculous sleemo.
Oh, he was so going to get it.
Wait... He thought she painted over his spare helmet? She hadn't even got the chance, since she'd been out on a supply mission.
Oh. Oh oh oh oh oh! She smiled evilly at the currently unscathed cadet helm. He should not have stolen her precious helmet - he could have taken back his and she would have been fine! If she wanted his back in mint condition, she needed to be sneaky. And she knew the perfect way to still improve that helmet without it actually showing up. She brandished the clear coloured pen, laughing wickedly.

1 hour later.

Ezra stood, arms crossed and tapping his foot, fully kitted out in cadet gear and wearing his best evil grin on his face. The only thing missing was his helmet.
Sabine walked in, looking half angry bad also surprisingly smug. His helmet was untouched, of course. New and shiny. Which made him feel a little bit guilty about his other misdeed. Only a little bit.
"I still think you should have let me work on it!" She said, unimpressed and scowling. He shook his head and said, "No can-do, Paint Girl. Now if you'll excuse me, my helmet and I need some alone time. Give."
He beckoned for the helmet, but she refused. "My helmet first, laserbrain. I can't believe you had the nerve to steal it instead of your own one back," she snarled, and he grabbed her helmet off the chair.
"Nuh-uh. Mine first!"
"Uh-uh! Mine!"
"Nuh-uh!"
"Uh-uh"
"Nuh-uh!!"
They went in like this for a while, not noticing Chopper recording their silliness and giggling away. Finally, Ezra pulled the trigger. He put on Sabine's helmet, smirking while she gasped. "Ooh. Surprisingly comfy. I wonder how I listen to music with this thing? For a girl's helmet, you have got some taste in style, Sabine."
Sabine's eyes bulged and she growled. "You wouldn't dare!"
Ezra wiggled his fingers and fiddled with a button. She was seething now. This was the last straw.
"Oh, but I would. Ha! Cantina jazz? I didn't know you liked cantina jazz of all things!" He exclaimed.

"Agh!" Sabine yelled, and put in Ezra's helmet. "I seriously hope you don't have fleas, because you're gonna regret that pal!"
Ezra flipped the helmet in the air and winked at her. He put it back on with a flourish. "Fleas? You wish. You wanna go? Make me," he dared. She did the only thing she could: she cracked her knuckles and charged, while every instinct in Ezra's both screamed for him to flee. It was Jedi vs Mandalorian. Correction: Pirate Jedi and Rebel Mandalorian.
She chased him around the room, but he was too fast, hurdling the sofas and sprinting into the corridors.
"Catch me if you can!" he yelled, delighted with himself. Now - how to get his helmet back?
He looked back, finding that she was gone. Then, too late, he sensed her behind him, jumped out of the way and SMACK! He took her with him. He was in the floor and Sabine was pinning him to the floor.
"Ha! Caught you. Now give me back my helmet, or so help me -"
She never finished her sentence. He pinned her on the ground and said, "Aw. Thought you liked being on top."
She yowled and grabbed for the helmet. They grappled, with plenty of kicking Ezra's shins and flipping each other over - that is, until Hera arrived on the scene. She was not pleased.

"I thought we had to bad with Ezra and Zeb, but you Sabjne? Seriously?"
Hera frowed and they stood up, ashamed. Sabine took Ezra's helmet off and grunted, "it's his fault! Making dirty jokes and stealing my helmet-"
Ezra snatched his back, offended. "You stole mine first!"
Hera pulled them apart, got hold of both helmets and returned them to their original owners.
"Now - either apologise or I'll make you hug," Hera threatened, and while Ezra said, "I'm all for hugs," with a cocky smile, Sabine sighed reluctantly.
"Sorry for taking your helmet. Didn't know you needed it, and I was bored. So yeah."
Ezra shrugged and grinned, kind of surprised. "Eh, it's okay. Technically I should have just stolen it back instead of taking yours. And I like my rebel one. So, sorry. But you've gotta admit it was a good prank! Now, how 'bout that make up hug?"
She elbowed him in the ribs and he back to her in response. Hera smiled. Mom's work was complete.
"Okay, Chop - you can delete the recording now," she said, humour seeping into her voice. Both Ezra and Sabine glared at Chopper.
"You recorded it?" They hissed, and Chopper giggled, like "Yeah, you little punks. Whatcha gonna do about it?"
Hera sighed and said, mock- exasperated, "Yea, you have to delete it. But I don't suppose Zeb would want to see first?"
She asked and Chopper wheeled off, laughing his droid laugh.
Ezra raced after him, "Chopper no you don't!"
Sabine shook end head and walked back to her room.

9:01, Undercover Mission

It was all going great till darkness fell. As they ran back to the Phantom, Kanan noticed Ezra's helmet and couldn't help but smother a laugh which came out as a cough.
"What?" Ezra asked, confused.
They got in, and Kanan told him to take his helmet off. The boy obliged, and when he saw the glow in the dark whiskers, yellow moustache and 'Pint sized loverboy ready for action!' scrawled on the back as well as 'kiss my butt!' he burned scarlet, while Kanan roared with laughter. While Ezra was mortified - the Prank Master had been bested at his own game! - he was also kinda impressed. That girl had moves. It was also either a huge coincidence, or they were more alike than he thought, thinking about the little message he's left in her helmet...

The Ghost, late night.

Sabine patted her helmet as she put it back on. She couldn't imagine herself without it - it was part of her. The thought made her insides squirm and her face to flush as her mind gave her a thought: Ezra wearing part of her. Pfft. She knew exactly what he's say to that. She switched her holo-imager on, and got a nasty shock when numerous pictures of Ezra winking, posing with his saber and pointing to the camera and pulling the stupidest expressions ever appeared in the screen, with the caption: 'Now I see what you're all about, Wren. Don't think I didn't notice those reference photos of me training - for your art or whatever nefarious purposes you may have. I know you secretly dig me. So have some more hot images of me! You're welcome. Ezra.'
She rolled her eyes and face palmed, but couldn't help smiling slightly. He was so full of it. And she couldn't believe he's found those references in 1 hour! He was a smart kid, she's give him that. But still! She was lucky that she was sensible wth she photos. She captured landscapes and portraits of whatever was beautiful or inspiring or just interested her. He knew that. She wanted to remember them. Oh, no! She buried her face in her hands. No wonder he was acting so smug. He thought she was interested in him! Nooooo!

Okay, maybe those pictures were kind of funny. She might as well keep them. Wait, what?

Woohoo! Another story for you guys! And Sabezra week is almost here, so make sure you check out the craziness on tumblr! I'll be back next week or even sooner with another chapter. See ya!