Paint Fight

The fic inspired by my drawing - the front cover!! Enjoy...
Kanan strolled over to Hera, coffee in hand. It was early in the morning on the ghost, and Zeb was sleeping (as usual), Chopper was planning on how to wake Zeb up, and normally Ezra would be helping him... but his padawan was nowhere in sight.
Kanan sighed in satisfaction as he plopped down and started drinking.
"Morning, love. Have you seen Sabine? She was supposed to help me fix up the Phantom this morning..." Hera asked.
Kanan shrugged and frowned. "Ezra's missing too. Wonder what mischief they'll be getting up to THIS time. But, we have the Ghost to ourselves again."
Hera smiled and snuggled up to Kanan, but they were interrupted by a groggy Zeb chasing Chopper around the cabins, yelling, "THAT'S IT!!!! CHOPPER I'M OFFICIALLY GONNA KILL YOU!!!!"
They sighed. Another normal day on the Ghost, they reckoned...
Little did they know, Ezra and Sabine were having a little war of their own. Only this war was a bit different..
Sabine smiled crookedly. They circled each other in the fields, holding spray paints and sprayers.
"Ready to get your face splattered, Bridger?" she dared him, brandishing her weapon. "Not if you get hit first, Wren. And you can splatter me anytime!" He grinned, and she rolled her eyes. Once she may have found his stupid pick-up lines annoying, but now she found them endearing and ridiculous, plus, she could deliver some quips of her own...
"Okay, hotshot. Let's see how long you last against the MASTER of this little game!" She rolled her shoulders and neck, to which Ezra responded by cracking his neck and flexing his palms. Two could play at that game.
"You can have a head start, if you want. I'm getting bored." He said, grinning until he recieved a headshot of blue paint, covering his ears, cheeks and chin. He scowled as Sabine laughed.
"HA! Now you look like even MORE of a blueberry!" she exclaimed, only to have a spray of green paint cover her hair. Sabine slowly wiped the paint from her forehead as Ezra guffawed. Oh, it was ON.
"You wanna go? Let's DANCE, laserbrain!" she exclaimed, lunging for him, but he ducked, recieving only a small blast of orange on his back. "Dancing with you is fun, but I'm too fast for yoooou!" he yelled as she sprayed him again.
Colours flew in the air, as they danced around each other. Ezra had the Force, it was true. The kid had moves, and he was good. But Sabine was a pro at this, and had plenty of her own. She flipped over him, painting his hair bright pink in the process! He yelped as his precious locks were coated in fuschia.
She laughed even more. "Wow, Bridger. Never thought you'd look good with pink hair! It suits you!" They panted, circling each other once more. Ezra grinned cockily as he squirted her armour yellow.
"And you said I looked good!" he laughed, and she raised an eyebrow, mock-examining him. "Well, y'see, you're an excellent work of art, but you're missing one thing."
She flew at him, and he dodged too late. They crashed to the ground, and Sabine leaned in close, somewhat unconsciously. They were nose to nose. She noticed he'd almost stopped breathing, and for once didn't have a comment to make. Good. She leaned in even closer, if that was even possible, and before he realised what was happening, smeared a blob of red on his nose.
"There! All better. Now you're a real masterpiece! Janor of Bith would be proud!" she exclaimed, as his look of confusion spread into annoyance. He looked like a grumpy puppy.
She picked herself up and extended a hand. "I believe I win this time, hotshot," she said playfully.
He growled and responded by spraying her purple in the face. She squealed as he tackled her, and they rolled on the ground, laughing.
They walked back to the Ghost, and Ezra felt that twinge again. He was almost certain they'd had a moment back there, and from the looks of it, Sabine had felt it too. What would Hera say when they got back? He found out soon enough when they found Kanan and the pilot at the entrance of the Ghost, shaking their heads.
Hera scolded them. "Look at you two! You're a mess! Go clean up, the pair of you!" But she was smiling, as though she had seen it all, which considering it was Hera, who had eyes on the back of her head, probably had.
Kanan watched on with a twinkle in his eye. He had glimpsed his padawans feelings, stronger than ever. They mirrored his when he got to know Hera. Hera had treated him almost exactly the same when they had first met as when Ezra met Sabine. That was ages ago, but look where they were now.
Ezra and Sabine went back to their cabins to wash up, but not before Sabine gave him that smile, the one with one corner of her mouth turned up like she was holding in a chuckle. It was a smile reserved for him, he knew. He smiled back and said, "Rematch, Wren. You, me, noon tomorrow. I'm gonna whip your butt." She grinned, "We'll see about that, Bridger. No dirty tactics, I promise."
He shook his head, remembering what had happened as she laughed. They went into their cabins as the suns set on the Ghost, and they headed out for the night.