Ketsu Approves

Hey guys! This is gonna be a short one, and it's based on my headcanon that Ketsu totally ships sabezra and we thought of this because of the way Ketsu was all, "I know who you are. Sabine told me aaaaall about you," to Ezra when he tried to be smooth. That is my favourite sabezra moment of Season 2, by the way. And I wanted to imagine what the 'all about' was! So here is some reluctant girl talk for once between Sabine and Ketsu. Here goes! Tell me what you think, and enjoy the story... (Also, look at Ketsu's expression on the image. I mean how is this not a smug, shipper 'I totally ship you two expression! LOOK AT HER!!)

 I mean how is this not a smug, shipper 'I totally ship you two expression! LOOK AT HER!!)

Set during Blood Sisters

"Alright, Sabine," Ketsu Onyo declared as they flew back to Bail Organa's ships. She spoke with an accusatory tone, and Sabine wondered what she was up to. Then Ketsu turned, and to her surprise Sabine found that the bounty hunter had a wide grin spread across her face. "Spill it. What's between you and that boy of yours in the helmet YOU obviously painted for him."
Sabine was confused, and Ketsu raised an eyebrow. Then it clicked.

"Ezra? What?! Oh, nothing!"
Ketsu was unconvinced. She sat with her arms folded, and Sabine groaned. She knew that look on her sister's face all too well.
"Yeah, right. I definitely sensed something there. So tell me. What does he really look like under that helmet? How's his personality? And you'd better not lie. I wanna know everything." Ketsu smirked, giving her a piercing stare as she leaned over the chair eagerly. Ugh.
"You can't fool me. I know a thing when I see one."
Ketsu butted in before she could say any more, and Sabine retorted, "What? Oh, come on. There is no thing!"
Ketsu nodded sarcastically and arched an eyebrow.

Before Sabine could stop herself, she opened that big mouth of hers and started speed talking.
"Fine, he's got floppy dark hair, almost my length except boyish, copper skin, and very blue eyes which are sort of mesmerising not that I would know because I do NOT stare at them every now and again and he recently joined us and I don't care about his looks anyway -" she stopped, covering her mouth while Ketsu wolf whistled, giving her a mad grin. Sabine smushed her face with her hands. She could never hide anything from Ketsu.
"Cute, huh?" Ketsu asked, a little too smugly. She leaned back in her chair and raised her eyebrows. Sabine gave in.
"No! I mean yes, maybe a little, but - he can be very annoying." She paused and Ketsu rotated her hand, like go on.
"I want some personality here! What's he like?" Ketsu exclaimed and Sabine scowled at her, somewhat half heartedly though. She hadn't had a girl - on- girl discussion like this is a very, very long time. This never happened, normally. Ketsu and her never talked about guys. But she supposed she could do it just this once. And besides, it was Ezra. He wasn't some low life swindler, no matter how much of a scoundrel he tried to act like sometimes.
"Ugh, fine. When I - we first met him, well, he was a cocky street rat. He instantly started hitting on me, cracking bad jokes, all that stuff." She explained.

She then proceeded to tell Ketsu all about Ezra's sarcastic, prankster persona. Ketsu listened away, and laughed and groaned at all the right parts. Soon their sides hurt from chortling. "And then - wait till you hear this - and then he says to me, "I'm a prankster with a killer smile," Sabine coughed out and Ketsu threw her head back laughing.
"Ohh, that kid has it bad. and he sounds like he has a high opinion of himself! Smartass!"
Sabine grinned.
"Sometimes he acts that way. And we bicker a lot. Sometimes he can't take anything seriously. But... There's more to him."
Ketsu leaned forward, intrigued. "Oh?"
Sabine hesitated. She didn't want to give away his secret. Even to her blood sister.
"He has a lot of pain built up inside. He's been through a lot, and he grew up on his own on the streets for years, having lost his family. And... He has something that makes him special," she confided, but she would say no more. Ketsu was more than fine with that. So Sabine continued.
"But, even with the troublesome act he puts on, he's a really good person. He seems to be the one to cheer me up these days - and more than that, he notices stuff and cares. Only this morning he pointed out that I shouldn't be so alone. We go on missions more and more together, and he's more than just a fellow crew member. He's... my family now. And, to my surprise, I actually really like him."
Ketsu's eyebrows flew upwards, and Sabine realised what she just said.
"Not in that way! Only, well..."
She drifted off as Ketsu looked on, the epitome of smugness. If she weren't flying a ship, Sabine strongly suspected the warrior would have run around, arms in the air shouting, "I knew it!You liiiiiiiike him, you liiiiike him, I toooooold you so, I kneeeew it wheeeeeeee!"
She carried on quickly to explain herself.
"What I mean is, he never gives up. With anything. That's one of his best qualities. And it includes... that. So at first I completely shut him down. But now? It's so weird, but I've really grown to appreciate him being with us. He's like my best friend. Almost. And maybe we're in a war right now, but I'm not - you get what I'm saying? And besides, there's nothing at the moment. Nothing."

Ketsu knew exactly what she was talking about. So she stretched and said, "Well, why don't you see where it goes. He sounds like a clever kid, as well as the snarkiest guy in the outer rim. Just go with it, I guess. Take it slow. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for the wedding invitations. I like the sound of this boy. He has my approval."
Sabine scowled, punching her shoulder playfully. "What are you, some kind of matchmaker? Wedding planner? With that in mind, you're gonna be waiting a long time, because it will never happen!"

Ketsu grinned widely and steered Shadow Caster to the right, as the approached Garel.
"We'll see. Next time you give me a call, tell me how your thing with Smartass went."
Sabine glared. "There IS no thing!"

How was THAT? I know, I updated more in a day. I'm amazing that way, but let's be real: I'm hurrying up for Sabezra week - so you can expect several fics on the go. So two in one day may be a record for me, but it will continue!