Igniting Across the Stars

What's UP, guys! The Star Wars Episode VIII title is here! And, the SWR Midseason trailer is out too - WATCH IT IF YA GET THE CHANCE!!!!!!! Also, you might need to watch the latest episode of rebels, Trials of the Darksaber, if you want to read this, for there will be SPOILERS! Many, many spoilers in 3...2...1 __________________

Aaaand we're back. What's good, folks? Okay, so this is me filling in the gaps between episodes again, as we see Sabine just as she has decided to get her family to join the rebellion by leading them with the legendary Darksaber, which both Kanan and Ezra have just taught her to wield (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) But Sabine's past has caught up to her, and she finally - FINALLY - reveals the truth to Kanan and Ezra, as well as us. Man, that has got to be stressful, and Ezra knows exactly how to de-stress her, by doing what they haven't done since Malachor: mess with Imperials and blow some stuff up. Hope you guys enjoy it, please R&R as always - let's goooooooooo!

Sabine sat on the edge of the Ghost's ramp, trying not to process what had happened that day. But it had happened. She broke down and let everything, everything go. She had sobbed till she couldn't hear herself think. It wasn't often that her guard broke down like that; in fact, it never happened. She pushed everyone away, and it hurt. And now that it was out, it still hurt like hell, viciously tormenting her. The look on Kanan's face when she exploded, disarming him with her raw emotion. The look on Ezra's face when she finally admitted what he had been pressing her about for so long. Her mother. Her father. Her brother. Betraying her and leaving her to rot, as if family didn't matter. It was too much to bear.

Oh gods, Ezra. She didn't mean to lash out at Kanan like that. And to be reminded that Ezra was an orphan... It wasn't their fault. Her demons still plagued her after 4 long years, and it ate at her to know that she could have hurt them. She apologised profusely to Kanan, but Ezra was still busy with... whatever he was doing. He probably thought to left her alone for once. And this time, she wished he hadn't.

She held her head in her hands, and decided she had 5 more minutes of weakness and then would get on with her life. She would paint, and then... Well, she would decide that later. Sabine Wren didn't do crying unless it was in the dead of the night, where no one would see or hear. The night was often a sea of comfort in which she could wash away her nightmares and pain. But her emotions got the best of her, and she was determined it wouldn't happen again.

Then a slight cough and some whistling of a familiar tune woke her out of her stupor. There was Ezra, walking along in that easy-going lope of his towards her. It reminded her of how he seemed to sway with the wind on the fields of Lothal. Their eyes met, and Ezra gave her a soft smile.

"Hey there. You... uhm, okay?" he asked. She folded her arms and nodded. "Fine."

He shook his head. "No you're not. And that's why you're coming with me."

Sabine snorted. "Going where, exactly?" He shrugged. "Offworld. It's time we caused some bucketheads a little more trouble, don't ya think?"

She stared at him. "Are you for real, Bridger? Hera's going to kick both of our butts worse than I kicked yours today."

Ezra grinned and leaned down. "Why don't you ask her, then? Oh, and I kicked your butt first. Rookie." Sabine elbowed him. "Call me rookie one more time, I dare you."

Ezra's gaze turned mischievous. "C'mon. Where's your sense of adventure, 'Bine? Its been a while since we did anything... fun." She snorted. "Right. Fun. No time for fun in a rebellion."

He scoffed. "Oh, come on! Let's face it, you've probably had the roughest day, like, ever.  You need to de-stress. Oh, and Kanan's cool with it. Just so you know."