Drifting Off

Hey, guys! Yes, I know, I'm a real nerf herder for taking this long. But gimme a break! Anyway, it's back to business now. Please, please comment and tell meh what you think! It's inspired by that Densi scene. Feeeeeels!!!! Oh, and to a certain best friend of mine, this is NOT a dirty fic. Yes, I'm talking to you, Mrs Charlie Day! You know who you are. That's karma for dissing my ship. It will totally happen! I am a fortune teller!
And to my other readers, well, please enjoy, rate and review, as always! I couldn't be more grateful. I should probably shut up now so you guys can read.

Ezra groaned, tossing and turning on his bunk. Things had been pretty crap since that face off with the Miralian Inquisitor. And most of all, he couldn't sleep. Dark circles ringed his eyes, but no matter how many loth-cats he counted or lightsaber moves he tried to remember, he just couldn't drift off. His body was rejecting the constant nightmares that plagued him every time he dozed off out of sheer exhaustion.
He decided to go to the couch in the 'living room' of the Ghost, and brought a pillow with him. It didn't help of course. Everyone else had gone to bed, and he didn't want to disturb Zeb again. But the word awake was making him punch the couch, exhausted as he was. He rolled over and growled. Sleeeeeeep, Ezraaaa! He told himself tiredly, but no sleep came.
Then came a knock at the door, and he lay there for a second before getting up and falling over his feet, peeping outside the door. There was Sabine, smiling and wiggling her eyebrows at him and waving a bag. He opened the door and she nodded in hello. "Hey."
He rubbed his eyes and said, "Uh.. Hey. What time do you call this?"
She grinned and presented the bag.
"I call it food time. I got you candy!"
Ezra's eyes widened and said, "Candy? For me?"
She laughed as he took the bag. "Oh man. I haven't had real Ithorian candy in years! I feel like a kid again," He said, almost excitedly.
Sabine sat down on the couch with Ezra and opened her candy. "Mmffh. So good."
Ezra grinned for the first time in days.
"I hear this stuff gives you real bad sugar rush. Think it'll kill us?"
Sabine shrugged carelessly. "Meh. You only live once."
She brought out a blanket as they stuffed their faces and she wrapped it around them, while Ezra pushed the pillow under his head.
Sabine switched on the holo projector and got an old movie playing.
"This one's one of my favourites. It's an old thriller about a Rhodian, Human and Sullustan who have to break out their Dejarik buddy from jail."
Ezra snorted and said, "That's gotta be some jail for the movie to be so good."
She rolled her eyes but smiled at him, and carried on.
"And their buddy has some awesome prison break skills, so when they get there it's a huge set up with explosions and blasters and...." She paused for a second, noticing that Ezra had closed his eyes and was breathing softly. She then continued with a smile, "And then the Jedi fly in and a certain clumsy padawan splits his lucky pants."
Ezra mumbled back in reply, almost asleep now. "Must have been some tight pants for a Jedi to split 'em."
She saw his chest rise and fall, unknowingly falling asleep. She decided to ask one more question. "What happens next?"
He sighed and she didn't expect him to reply, but when he did it shocked her.
"The padawan falls in love." He muttered in barely more than a whisper.
The next thing he knew, he was asleep, Sabine's face being the last thing on his mind. He could see her so clearly - she'd healed him of his constant nightmares. Just hearing her voice next to him, speaking to him as though he were wanted and loved, was enough to send him to sleep.
Sabine thought she'd misheard him, and asked, "What?"
Then she reconsidered, and put her head down beside his. She watched over him for the night, held his hand as he got the first fear free sleep he'd had for months.