Rescue Attempt

Hey guys! It's me again. And I watched the new episode, Always Two There Are. And OH MY GOD. I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but seriously you guys - watch it before you read this very short oneshot. Here, I'll give us a few for you to watch it- Starting now.
---------------------------------
Now, true believers, read on...

Gone. That was her first thought as she sprinted off and her head was ringing, accompanied by that heart breaking, gut spiking feeling of guilt. Ezra was gone.
She cursed herself, kicked herself, banged her helmet on the wall. How could she have let this happen? Her eyes nearly got watery, but she forced herself to stop. She could not break down. Not now. She had to find Ezra. And find him fast.
Images of him whirled in her head. What was happening to him? The inquisitor was probably torturing him... Or worse. Oh karabast... Sabine didn't want to think about what they were doing to him. That moment, when he pulled her up, that moment when he touched her shoulder, giving her a slight look of affection. That might be the last contact she ever made with him if she didn't do something. The last time she ever would see him smile unless she got out of there and found him. Again, she asked to herself, why wasn't she prepared? It was all her fault. If she hadn't protected them both, hadn't been knocked out, hadn't let the
inquisitor drag him away...
The loss she felt was incredibly, surprisingly deep. It burned away inside her, and her insides felt like jelly. Because of her, that once cheerful, mischievous boy might be a hollow shell of what he once was.
Then there was a tiny voice that sounded about like Zeb in her head that said, it's not your fault, nothing could have prepared you for that. You have to be the person you aspire to be - use your pain to your advantage and let it give you the strength to get him back! He's yours. The inquisitors can't have him. Let that be the spark to the flame that is your courage. You're Sabine Wren! You don't take crap from no one! What did he say to you once? "Sabine! I've got your back!"
And you saved him! You need to have HIS back! Because that's what partners do! Remember his smile. Remember his laugh. Remember the sound of his voice and his pranks, his jokes. This is the fuel to the fire. You are a warrior! Ain't no one is gonna be taking him! Now let's go get our boy back, sister. Go go gooooo!!!

She got to Zeb and told him what happened. They couldn't call Kanan, for fear of compromising the rebel fleet. But they could plan a rescue.

Okay. Getting to where Ezra was being held was what she was going for. Being captured was not part of the plan!
And Zeb... She didn't know what they'd done to him. But he didn't stand a chance.
Their only hope now was that Ezra hadn't told the secrets of the rebellion to the inquisitors. And he hasn't. Because he was too busy being a smart mouth, irritating the heck out of the inquisitors.
What they had done to him, she couldn't tell. He was strong, stronger than she had ever expected. But she knew that he'd pull through. And now they were both stuck in this mess. Then, they got a transmission from Zeb!
She leaned her head close to his as the inquisitors pressed them to talk to 'Commander Meiloorun', reassuring them everything would be okay. But it wasn't. Ezra wouldn't tell Kanan and Ahsoka to come. He wouldn't give away the rebellion. Sabine suddenly had a red lightsaber to her neck and Ezra flinched, panicking. One thing was sure: Ezra would NOT let her die. And when Zeb saved them a few moments after, Sabine knew one thing: she could trust that boy with her life, any day, any time. He really did have her back.