Shortcake

Hey hey hey! I'm back with another fic! And I know it's been longer that usual, but don't sweat it! In this fic, Ezra finally (finally) gets hit by the puberty train and grows taller than Sabine. Will he boast about it? Yes, he most definitely will. In the most Ezra-I'm-gonna-kill-you-if-you-carry-on-being-annoying way possible. Of course, it doesn't help that Sabine definitely shouldn't like what she sees - but she does! Pre-Relationship (fear not, that stuff is to come next!) banter, utter banter, nothing more, and I hope you like it! read, rate, review and enjoooooy!

This was a pivotal day in the Ghost crew's history. Legends would be told of this day, and of how the cocky smartass Ezra Bridger woke up one morning, bleary eyed and tousle-haired; finding that as he grinned at Sabine, he was grinning down at her.
She gasped. He stared. Slowly, she raised a hand and tried to make it level from her forehead to his - only to find that he was inches out of reach. Ezra's mouth opened slightly, and the corners twitched before spreading into a maddening grin. Sabine swallowed.

"No freaking way," she
breathed. The padawan grinned even wider as she measured again.
"Yes way. You know what I'm gonna say."
She narrowed her eyes into slits of annoyance.
"Do not say it."
He put a finger to her lips, effectively shushing her and making her only more disbelieving and prickly.
"I am taller than yooooooooou!" He sang, as if to the high heavens.

Sabine groaned, and she heard Chopper, Zeb and Kanan chortling. Kriff. It had started. The endless array of boasts and bad puns. She walked out to get more food, steaming, and be followed her, poking fun relentlessly and dancing around her.

"Bet'cha never saw this day coming did you, huh? Who ya calling short now, shorty?"
She raised both eyebrows, hands on hips.
"Did you just call me... Shorty? Look at you, you big hypocrite!"
He smirked and folded his arms, all smug now.
"You know I did, shortcake. Bitter days are coming your way, my small friend."
She scowled at the name 'shortcake' and even more so  when he leaned down and propped an arm on her shoulder. "Ahh. You make the perfect arm rest."
She glared at him.

"Y'know, I could take that
arm and put you on the floor before you ever realise. You're not that much taller than me."
Ezra grinned even more smugly.
"But you won't. I know you won't. You like me too much."

Sabine shook her head at him, and a trickle of warmth formed a pool in her abdomen. How did tallness suddenly... Suit him? His eyebrows were raised, his arm wrapped around her shoulder and his expression full of mischief.
Height had been a small point of pressure in his life, mainly because of malnutrition in the past 7 years, but now he was growing again. And Sabine seemed to like this fact a lot.

His limbs were not scrawny but lanky, and though he was only a few inches taller he seemed to be towering above her. His hands were slightly bigger, too. And, oh, how he wanted to show off about it.
Reaching for paint cans before she could, and holding them inches above her head while laughing to himself as she elbowed him and grabbed them, growling.
"Don't mind me, 'Bine. I know you like me flexing for you!"
"Ezra, you have nothing to flex!"
He was a total annoyance, and boy, did he know it.

"So is it just me or do I need a foot stool? Because you would make a pretty good one." Ezra asked, interrupting her train of thoughts the next day.
Sabine snored, replying, "Is it just me or are you in need of less food?"
He pouted.

"Hey, I'm a growing boy! Besides, taking food off Zeb's plate is the least I can do for the big guy. He needs healthier life choices. And you need footstool duty. It's a win-win situation for everybody."
She poked him on the forehead, and then the nose, making him scrunch up his face adorably with an "OW!" of indignation. She sniffed. Serves him right.

"Oh yeah? All this tallness is making your head swell. Kanan!" She called.
"Does Jedi training involve shrinking? Because he really needs some."
Kanan smirked. "Unfortunately, nope. Try inventing the shrink ray."

Ezra yelled, "Hey, you're the one who needs a shrink ray Master Ponytail."
He slapped a hand over his mouth and Sabine guffawed as Kanan turned, tutting.
"Look who's talking, Shaggy."

Sabine laughed uproariously while Ezra patted his hair reproachfully.
"Ouch. That's gotta sting. Maybe you just used extra volume shampoo and poured it all over you - and boom! Growth spurt."
She laughed even harder as Ezra scoffed.
"What logic. Juuust because I have better air than you doesn't mean it's to do with height. I take pride in my flowing locks, for one thing. And it's also in the genes, Ewok."
Her mouth dropped and she scowled. Ezra wanted to snort.

"You have a cute scowl. Maybe I should keep going," he offered as they sat for breakfast.
"Ha. Try if you dare. Just because you have too much dark floppy hair doesn't mean you can insult mine!"
He looked pleased with himself then, and she realised what was going on in his head.
"Oh, so you like my hair! I should grow it all the way for you,"

She rolled her eyes. "Then you'd be the blue Wookiee. Actually no, you're not Wookiee height. You'd be the hairy Jawa."
He burst out laughing then, and there was a fondness in his eyes as he looked at her again.

Keep talking, Yub Nub. I'd love to take the Phantom to Endor some time. You'd fit right in!"
They tucked in, and she replied, "If Ewoks had armour and brightly coloured hair, then totally. But otherwise I think you'll find that we'd both be cooked in the fire!"

He lowered an eyebrow. "They'd love to eat me. I'm tall and delicious."
He grinned, moving closer and she nudged him away.
"You are too much, Bridger."
Ezra leaned back, laying a leg on her chair.
"Heh. Shortcake."

Aaand too much dialogue. Oh well. It's post relationship stuff next time anyways! So how was it? Again, I am sorry sorry sorry I haven't updated -
year 10 is CRAZY and there is a lot of work but I will make it up to you guys. That's all for now!