Chopper Cam

What's up guys! So this is another big one. I wrote this ages ago but I've finally added more detail to it - so here it is!
Ezra told her he loved her every day. Just not the way she expected - or realised, even, until Chopper lends a hand...
Wanna know more? You'd better read on and find out! Prepare for a feels overload, because it is going to get fluffy in here. Here we gooooo...

Ezra had found out from a very young age (9, to be exact) that if you showed you were scared, it meant that you weren't going to survive, especially on the streets. Food might have been low, very low, and he had started to steal, but he couldn't show how frightened, alone and hurt he really felt. So he begun to wisecrack, josh around, snark off when he really wanted to curl up into a ball and sob. It worked. People might not take him seriously, but at least they weren't kicking him into dust if they'd seen how he really felt.

And so an innocent, terrified little kid grew up into a sarcastic teenage con artist. The sarcastic part carried on even when he joined the Ghost crew. By now, Ezra was used to hiding dangerous feelings and making them funny, and when he met Sabine, well, that was more or less the same. Except for one thing.

Ezra couldn't decide when and where he'd fallen in love with Sabine. Maybe it was when she'd given him his birthday gift, the only one of the crew to do so, and every year since. Maybe it was every time she caught him and said, "I gotcha!" when he fell, like when they'd met Rex, Gregor and Wolffe. Hell, maybe it was even the first time he saw her face as a skinny reckless fourteen year old who didn't know what love was like at the time, because he'd been deprived of it for so long. And he'd been saying 'I Love You' every time he spoke to her, and she would never even know.

Little things. Sometimes it was flirting and joking around.
"Caf for the light of my life?" He'd ask, and she'd give him an exasperated smile in return and something equally snarky back. When they had a night mission aboard the Phantom, and he'd tease her, "c'mon, it's not like you need the beauty sleep," and then quip about how he, Ezra, needed it even less.
"No, you need a beauty coma," shed retort, and they'd laugh it off. Well, he would.

Other times, it was simply him, subconsciously, putting a hand on the back of her seat as she flew the Phantom or sat in the Ghost and had a meeting.

But, aside from all of that, he couldn't put it into words, what he really felt and meant. He didn't know why, exactly. It could be that he was afraid of rejection, mostly - afraid that she'd never love a guy like him, although it looked less like that every day that passed. It could also be that he wished she saw how much she meant to him, and that when he looked at her it was like she was all of the planets, suns and galaxies above, and he was just there stargazing. He didn't know what to do,

Sabine was in Ezra's room, poring over his helmets. He had gone with Kanan for 'Jedi Stuff' and they would be gone for a few weeks. A few weeks! She missed him. More than she liked.

Sure, he'd gone before, but never for this long. She remembered the last real conversation they had before he left, and it hurt her to think about it. He'd decided to eat with her in her room for once, and she didn't push him away.
They were talking, as usual, and he'd flirted, again.
"Although if you said the word, I'd beg Kanan to stay."
She'd joked along, but for once something prompted her to say, only half jokingly, "Do you ever say what you mean?"

Ezra had stretched, looking only slightly less amused.
"Of course I do. What, you don't think I'm being sincere?"
She had shuffled. "Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it's all a game to you."